Disney Infinity 3.0 General Discussion Topic "no wish lists"

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Announced and press release details

Postby Dedede_Man » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Eh, I'd say no to grunts as well.
Part of the appeal for me is having characters I love on my shelf.
Darkwing Duck and Uncle Scrooge are characters I love. Small Frost Giant and Fear Tech Student are not.
Disney Infinity needs the glory of Cory.
I love collecting stuff.

rank_250
Dedede_Man
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby da-nothing » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:30 pm

I'd be pretty mad if we got grunt figures before all the classic Disney characters, I don't even see the appeal of playing as a grunt, none of them are even memorable.
Just the Stormtroopers, but they will definitely have a figure of one of those. They've been marketing the new Stormtroopers like crazy already. I think we'll get a Stormtrooper figure and probably a costume disc for the classic Stormtrooper.

rank_100
da-nothing
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby mdewater » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Oh heck no I wasn't talking about Fear Tech students. If they were ever to do grunts, they most certainly need to be ones that are important, iconic characters to their properties. Stormtrooper, chitauri... hmm, now that I think about it there aren't many I'd want! Haha... I was thinking more along the lines of NPCs rather than grunts.

rank_100
mdewater

Postby Calysto » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:56 pm

Good to see this kind of response to this idea. Maybe they will see it.

As for the stormtroopers, nowadays they are a character as important and iconic to the series as Vader, Yoda and others. They could do a figure with them, but they could also just do a Captain Phasma figure with a costume disk for a normal stormtrooper.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby SWfanboy » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:10 pm

@Calysto I'd love a costume disc for a clone trooper as well if I can't get Clone Captain Rex figure... but definitely no to other NPC type figures other than Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper

rank_0
SWfanboy
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby ElvisRV » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:25 pm

I feel like they will make Captain Phasma from The Force Awakens so we might get a Stormtrooper that way.
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Undies » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:19 am

Or Han Solo could have a stormtrooper costume disc.

rank_50
Undies
Main Console: PS3

Postby dcp3y » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:39 am

Agree with no on grunts/minimally programmed characters. We have a lot of characters coming our way this edition and I don't see why anyone would want to settle for a watered down lite version. The costume disc option seems to have some legs - we could use our existing $13.99 retail character plus a $2.50 power disc. Much better than another 13.99 or other price point for a 'less-than-best' option for grunt characters. Personally I don't get the hype for either Darkwing Duck or Mabel (or Captain EO for that matter) and would rather see more classic ("older") Walt-era Disney characters come to the toy box. I also respect the flip side that many people want these characters and they seem to be separating from the pack in the fan poll (rigged or voting bots? not sure). With so much to draw from Classic Disney, Live Action, Pixar, Marvel, and Lucas Films DI's earning potential during seems to be approaching infinity even if in $13.99 increments. My suggested first criteria for adding a new character is to ensure the character adds unique quality content to the game (e.g. a beloved character, new abilities/moves, and is not a timebound, flash-in-the-pan type character who will appeal for the long haul for DI's game horizon). Then again I'm an old fogey and DI is geared towards my kids, so maybe my suggestion should be taken with a grain of salt although hopefully JV knows who buys the characters - it's not the target game demographic for the most part. In summary, I don't want grunts when there's still gold in the vaults.

rank_100
dcp3y
Main Console: PS4

Postby Stitch » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:05 am

NO Grunts!!!
That just takes up space for more important characters!!!

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys