Disney Infinity 3.0 General Discussion Topic "no wish lists"

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 General Discussion Topic "no wish li

Postby JustNCredible » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:58 am

Personally I'd much rather have Depp's MH than the original, I hated that guy as a kid. He's just a short grumpy old man lol. But yea animated Alice would be preferable. Not sure if I'd rather Alice have a ccd for the animated version or with her battle armor.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby 80sDuckFan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:27 am

Grumpy? He ain't grumpy. Just mad. ;)

All I hope is that there are NO costume discs of the classic characters. I want actual physical toys!

rank_250
80sDuckFan

Postby Calysto » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:55 am

What a state Disney Infinity is in.

Almost every single recent announcement, or lack of, is heavily criticised. Such a fall from grace.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:13 pm

Is it really? I remember just as many complaints during 2.0. "Too much Marvel" "Need more Disney" "Not enough playsets" "Yondu?!??" "Digital exclusives??"

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Mukluk4 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:40 pm

It's the internet, people tend to not say anything positive because there are no repercussions.

rank_100
Mukluk4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vidia » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:43 pm

Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:28 am

Disney created more figures for 3.0 then 2.0 & 1.0. Meaning they ordered more to be made. Unfortunately more then the demand that was there. Disney has taken an exact opposite approach to what Nintendo is doing with Amiibos. The decrease in revenue was minimal, however, still a decrease. Had Disney not ordered as many figures to be sold, this number would have flipped. Keep in mind that Disney Infinity is now thee most popular toys to life franchise. Passing Skylanders.

Edit* DI won the toy award for "e-Connected Toy of the Year" and well deserved
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

Postby TheANvil » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:51 pm

Of course a live action Alice set is going to be heavily criticised. They saw this exact criticism for the Maleficent in 2.0. When Baloo was announced, I saw nothing but praise for the choice to go the classic route. Hell, it was a relief.

I'm constantly seeing people asking for more disney, proper classic disney. I just cannot fathom why they are giving us everything under the sun except the actual stuff that people are asking for? Characters from Gravity Falls, Darkwing Duck, Goofy etc etc aren't being made despite huge amounts of demand. In a game like this when they're selling characters piecemeal for £10 a pop, they absolutely have to listen to the fans to make it work. I'm praying that if in fact they go the hideous Burton route, that they do varients of the good, timeless, requested versions.

A wise man once said that the definition of Insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Which I feel is applicable here.

rank_250
TheANvil
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

Postby GuyCC75 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:54 pm

@TheANvil I have to agree. I mean, this isn't a new development. People still ask for the original Maleficent. Like you said, people cheered for Baloo, and the same when Peter Pan was announced. Same for people making it really clear since the beginning that the original Alice was wanted.

I totally get that ultimately, Infinity is a marketing machine, but that's good and bad. Good because we're guaranteed support for anything new coming out. Bad because we get sporadic support for over 80+ years worth of beloved characters from three incredible archives of Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars.

Personally, the Disney characters they chose for 2.0 were spot on selections. And I get that they can't purely go off of fan requests, because you have people asking for Townsperson #27 from Beauty and the Beast on some threads I've seen (not that bad, but I've seen it where they will ask for practically EVERYONE from "X" movie or TV show). But how did Spot sell? How are Zootopia characters going to sell? If the playset for Lone Ranger wasn't so solid, how did that one go over?

The 3.0 Disney support has been "meh" overall, outside of Sam/Quorra, Mickey/Minnie, and Mulan for me (though I'm hyped for Baloo and Peter Pan). But I feel like we have to beg for those inclusions. I am definitely wanting Darkwing Duck, and even though I'm not a Gravity Falls enthusiast, give those fans what they want already.

They've done a great job on supporting Star Wars, a bizarre job on supporting Marvel, because Marvel themselves are so weird about it, and a mediocre job on supporting Disney characters in a game bearing that namesake. I love the game and the incredible amount of content, but they make some weird choices in content choices and distribution. I'm still smarting over the King Mickey disc.

I hope they focus better on Disney for 4.0. I'm starting to wonder if the only way we're going to get the beloved established characters is going to be purely based on Master Toy Box Artists choices.

rank_250
GuyCC75
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys