Disney Infinity 3.0 General Discussion Topic "no wish lists"

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Announced and press release details

Postby nathanbanks » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 pm

Tbh they seem a bit all over the place with 3.0 compared to the others. There's so much to discuss yet and all we've seen are the same stuff revealed again and again. When they uploaded a ToyBoxTV ep and said they were revealing power discs, I was super excited. But then to see it was the power discs that had been revealed for months was a let down.

Not only that, they can't seem to give an official date for anything. Like for the extra characters and the other Star wars playset. They're also not revealing when or how this vote for #ourdisneyinfinity will be decided either, apparently it's on-going until whenever they decide to close it?

rank_250
nathanbanks
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:42 am

^^ This seems just how they do business. It was like this year 1, year 2, and now year 3. Announcements are random and launch days have a tendency of not being broadcasted. If you collected the Toys R Us exclusive power discs you understand exactly what I am talking about.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt
Main Console: PS4

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:53 am

@FlameChampion267 Oh geez! LOL

I hadn't thought of quadrupeds driving. Now I'm trying to imagine Arlo and Simba driving Mickey's Car or a pod-racer. Too funny! Maybe eventually there will be a mount-racing game that they could compete in (since they would probably move similarly).

I hope we hear about more power discs soon! I figure they're either going to have a Star Wars Rebels power disc pack or a play set. Maybe they'll announce one (or better yet, both) soon!!
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Synth-Night » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:34 am

Kind of glad they are slowing down with the news, it makes the anticipation even more better!

I'm hoping that there are not as many power discs in 3.0 compared to 2.0. 84 power discs are a bit too much too collect. I think that they can dial it back to 60 discs for 3.0, similar to that of 1.0.

rank_0
Synth-Night
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Calysto » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:44 am

Meanwhile, in other news...

Someone suggested to JV on twitter that they could do packs of "grunt" figures, something like a pack of a ice giant, a pirate and a droid. These figures wouldn't have skill trees or special attacks but we could play with them.

And JV answered asking if this was something people wanted.

Some people just want to see the world burn, don't they?

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:48 pm

^ I'd personally go for a no on that, with the exception of a Stormtrooper. But if any of the Star Wars figures get a Stormtrooper costume disc, I'd be good with that. I'd much rather have a Darkwing Duck figure and a Mabel figure so everyone can stop arguing. At least over that. ^_^
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:11 pm

That does not sound like a good idea at all. Why would anyone want figures that don't do anything? I'd rather have one new figure with special moves than four that don't have any.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby mdewater » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:12 pm

I'm definitely opposite. I can see an argument for it both ways. Personally, I'd be on board for them. I certainly wouldn't want grunt figures before we got through a majority of "must have" characters, but I'd definitely prefer they do a larger number of characters with nothing special about them than less characters with a focus on special moves and whatnot.

rank_100
mdewater

Postby pjhaan » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:42 pm

That would be a big fat NO from me on the Grunts. I think the figures should be reserved for the big name characters and major supporting characters. I don't necessarily have a good reason...it is just no!

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys