Disney Infinity 3.0 General Discussion Topic "no wish lists"

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Announced and press release details

Postby npgcole » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:29 pm

I agree. Another thing wrong with these Power Disc packs is that there are no longer discs based on more obscure Disney properties, like the Ichabod/Mr. Toad, Condorman, and Gus discs we've gotten in the past, because they're not going to do a 4-pack for a movie like those ones.
"I am one with The Force, The Force is with me."

rank_250
npgcole
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Spider-Man » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:29 pm

I think the top power disc is the tesseract (1st infinity stone), the 2nd is the aether(2nd infinity stone), the 3rd is the GOTG power stone(3rd infinity stone), and the last one is Ghost Riders bike. I think they are going with a infinity stone theme with three stones!
"With great power comes great responsibility!" Quoted by Uncle Ben

rank_500
Spider-Man
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:15 am

I'm on the fence about the power discs. I actually liked the vast amount of PD's we had before; I didn't feel the need to collect them all yet I enjoyed finding those ones I really wanted, wether it be from the bags themselves or ordering them online. I still got excited when they arrived.

As far as Jedi Luke goes, he would be a terrible costume disc for this Luke as I hate the way he is stuck with a blaster and not his full Jedi powers. If anything, I think we may see a new (old) Luke figure for the Force Awakens, which may have Black-suit Jedi Luke as a costume disc. That's the best case scenario anyway imo.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby craigbarnes88 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:10 am

@ngpcole this is very true! So many obscurities we may have never seen, and now power discs have just become another method to pump out material for current franchises.
@spider-man I actually hope your right there!
It feels like their missing so many obvious opportunities. Anthony from ant man for example is an obvious mount disc. The macro verse would be a great terrain set.
And an old folks power disc pack, for a Ben Kenobi costume, and the Luke Leia and Han force awakens costumes seems so obvious to me, seeing as we will be able to use those characters in that playset.
I also liked how in 2 there were costume discs for infinity 1 characters. Bringing new life to our old figures. Now we don't get anything like that, it's just support for the new films.
Oh and as much as I loved the good dinosaur power disc pack, it's also incredibly disappointing. There is so many dinosaurs in that film that three t-rexes feels a bit cheap.

rank_100
craigbarnes88

Postby InfinityApprentice » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:40 pm

@craigbarnes88 I agree with the Good Dinosaur PDP. I would have rather had Arlo and Butch mounts with terrain and skydome customization than what was released. I'd also love to have that 4-pack of costume discs for older Obi-Wan, Han, Luke, and Leia. A Moon of Endor costume pack. And Hoth costumes, of course.

Also, why is it the guy characters get a majority of the costume discs? We need more costume discs for the ladies! Mrs. Incredible, Merida, Leia, Minnie, Jasmine, Anna, Elsa, Tinker Bell, and so on, all have great costumes available.

Hopefully we'll see more power discs next year. I don't think they can keep up their current pace of releasing characters, so power disc packs would be logical additions to the release calendar.
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Dedede_Man » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:01 pm

I still say Slave Leia should have been a costume disc. I know that it's supposed to be family friendly and all, but it's one of the most iconic things about Star Wars. Same with Luke's black outfit; it's hugely recognizable and would be a nice touch for the fans.
Same with Ben Kenobi, it's even MORE baffling that he wasn't a costume disc for regular Obi Wan.

Biggest problem for me, though, is what @npgcole mentioned up above; now that it's all themed, we probably won't get many obscure properties, if any. Guess I can say goodbye to my dream of having the inside of Big Ben as a terrain and sky set...
Disney Infinity needs the glory of Cory.
I love collecting stuff.

rank_250
Dedede_Man
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby craigbarnes88 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:18 pm

What baffles me is Ben Kenobi is in the game! They made the model and everything! They barely have to make any effort!

rank_100
craigbarnes88

Postby Cellsai » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:10 pm

Re: Slave Leia costume disc.

Apparently Disney have been quietly phasing out Slave Leia completely from merchandise since they took over Star Wars. I don't think you will be seeing a new official piece of merchandise with a metal bikini on it for a loooooong time, let alone a costume in a game supposedly aimed at all ages and genders.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby Dedede_Man » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:18 pm

@Cellsai
I know, they confirmed that they're discontinuing it in terms of merchandise.
Which I find to be ridiculous, but what can ya do?
Disney Infinity needs the glory of Cory.
I love collecting stuff.

rank_250
Dedede_Man
NN ID:
Steam:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys