Disney Infinity 3.0 General Discussion Topic "no wish lists"

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 General Discussion Topic "no wish li

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:23 am

As long as my guy Pirate Steven & and girl Mighty Gitis make it to the toy box summitt and Disney allows them to chose any character to be made, you're gonna get at least one big classic every year.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt
Main Console: PS4

Postby Elmo STM » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:49 am

^the master artists chose perfectly this year

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:54 am

I think a major reason 3.0 is under performing despite it being the best in the series is that its marketing has been TERRIBLE. Think about it: All the news we have gotten in the past four or so months have been LEAKS. The worst part is that Avalanche refuses to own up to the leaks and be like "Yeah, they're in the game, here's a trailer". Instead, they ignore the leaks and then announce the characters later as if we all didn't know.
Not to mention that Avalanche should have been announcing characters periodically since the game's release, but we have had this five month long period of no announcements so of course leaks are bound to happen. They wonder why the game is not up to par in sales and yet have not officially announced anything in FIVE MONTHS. It almost feels like the game is dead.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Infinite Mickey » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:12 am

^^^^This.

along with the fact that people aren't getting what they want. Sure, they want Star Wars, we give you ALL the Star Wars and nothing else. You want classic Disney? Sure, but it needs to be a majority of product placements. You want Marvel, well screw that.

Star Wars getting everything at once is the first issue. There's nothing Main Series left minus 5-6 notable cuts (Qui Gon and Lando come to mind). And the release date marketing is god awful and I didn't even understand it, along with the fact that I didn't understand that you needed a code to use Force Awakens Content. And also, I didn't know that The Force Awakens play set would be difficult to find where I live. (Personal beef)

How about the Disney Side? Not much better. Let's see, out of our current lineup of characters that have been released (along with Zootopia, Peter Pan, and Baloo (no Alice or Mad Hatter)) there are 9 product placements and 7 classics. A 7 to 9 ratio, That's not the worst it's been, but unfortunately they are wasting slots on characters people aren't buying. Obviously. Olaf and the Inside Out playset will sell, they're incredibly successful. But what about the other ones? Spot, not selling. Zootopia, I doubt it. That's three slots that won't make much money. That may not seem like much, but in business terms, any loss is a bad loss. Even if we look on the classic side there is a relatively large hole. Tron. It's a niche movie. I love it, but I know the target audience isn't interested in these neon people. So that's another two slots. We can do this for Star Wars too. They have the original, prequel, and new sets that will sell like crazy. But the rebels won't. I was debating buying them to be honest. And on Marvel too! The November line will sell, but the March line is lost due to poor pr. I know myself and many others aren't going to buy this set full priced. It's simply not worth it.

And that's the issue I'm seeing.

I've seen it before with Disney Infinity.

The Speedway, Marvel Battlegrounds, half of 2.0, the Starter Pack.

People just aren't getting the value they expect in their products. Speedway = 2 hours. Battlegrounds = a playset for only five dollar less that's also missing a character. 1/2 2.0 = not very functional code. 3.0 Starter Pack = The Disney Toy Box pack from last year for more. There's a trend in less value with this series. And even if The Star Wars playset, Inside Out playset, actually functioning toy box, and Takeover, but it's not enough. The less bang for your buck is wearing people out, and the only way this series will survive, in my opinion, is if they stop going the triple a route and sell less for more (Battlefront comes to mind), and start giving us something that the consumer feels was worth their time, money, and effort. If they don't, then, to put it bluntly, this game won't make it past 4.0
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby GuyCC75 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:03 pm

I will say that I do trust the Master Artists to make the best decisions of behalf of the community.

I wish they could have more input than a once a year event.

rank_250
GuyCC75
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:17 pm

As one of those involved, I have to say I'm glad to have had that opportunity, but I would not want more decision making power on figures.

In a meeting of around 20 people, there were suggestions that ranged from classic to modern, Disney, Pixar, SW, and Marvel. It was only through several rounds of voting and cutting that we finally came to Peter Pan.

And that was just for one slot, a slot that the great development team set aside for us. I can't even imagine what they have to go through for 30-40 slots per year. They have to balance so many factors with each decision and ultimately will never make everyone happy no matter what.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby GuyCC75 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:11 pm

I get that. It's probably a lot of pressure to make the "right" choice as well that will go over well with fans.

I think my thing is that I just wish they would take a better balance between obligatory and fan favorites, or at least section off a space for 4-8 characters that were reserved for the old guard.

rank_250
GuyCC75
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Lightyear9358 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:21 pm

I'm with Stitch, the marketing/PR for 3.0 is hard to understand. We fans having to rely on leaks for our information is a huge missed opportunity for DI. I was hoping that there would be a better spread of product through the 3.0 year, month-to-month, but we've had quite a void of late. Our family recently even tried out Wii Amiibos & Smash Brothers/Mario Kart because we had exhausted the play sets, Speedway & Takeover with DI. However, we all agreed that DI is the better product between the two in our opinions. DI just needs to regroup on how they can distribute news sooner and market future products to keep the hype train rolling.

rank_0
Lightyear9358
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:57 am

Romulus I apologize I did not know you helped with Peter Pan. I follow Steve and Mighty Gitis on Twitter. Sorry about that my friend. But thank you for Peter Pan.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys