Disney Infinity 3.0 General Discussion Topic "no wish lists"

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Announced and press release details

Postby InfinityApprentice » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:16 pm

Forgive me if this is all wrong, but when Spider-Man has the suit on, don't they all look the same? I mean, voices and personality would be different, of course, but the Spider-Suit cover everything. And I would guess that their powers are similar if not the same. Wouldn't that make a new Spider-Man figure a variant?

And speaking of powers and variants, I know Hulkbuster Iron Man looks different from regular Iron Man, and I'm guessing that he has a few different powers in order to deal with Hulk. But what is the real difference between them?

I think Peggy would be a good and popular character, since she has her own tv show. But I'm also confused on how she is supposed to be in the next Captain America movie after when happened in the last Captain America movie...

I'm really glad that Marvel is taking steps to diversify their characters (with race, age, gender, orientation, etc), but this new big Marvel event coming has me sooooo confused. What is happening to who, where, and why again? LOL

Is there a Marvel chit-chat thread for this kind of discussion?
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Dedede_Man » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:18 pm

@InfinityApprentice
You're not alone, I haven't the foggiest about Marvel either.
Except Vision. This game needs Vision.
Disney Infinity needs the glory of Cory.
I love collecting stuff.

rank_250
Dedede_Man
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby UncannyX-Men16 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:34 pm

@InfinityApprentice Well I mean, Hulkbuster is more unique from Iron Man than Mickey is from Classic mickey is from 3.0. Classic Mickey is just sorcerer Mickey without the hat and red cloak...and the new classic Mickey punches and throws hats and brushes as his ranged attack lol. Other than classic Mickey lacking magic, he's no different from sorcerer Mickey.

I do definitely agree about the current comics being a bit strange. There's a difference between changing things up and changing EVERYTHING up lol. They're changing too many things :lol:

And I think this will be a good test for fans to see if Marvel is willing to play along with Disney's "Fans have a say" mentality.
They told the team to add Yondu to the game just because Guardians of the Galaxy was such a success. Will they care what characters the fans request? Lots of people are asking for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in 3.0, Will Marvel only allow Scarlet Witch to be included and awkwardly leave out Quicksilver, or will they include him because it'd be good for the game and the fans? We shall see

rank_0
UncannyX-Men16
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby InfinityApprentice » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:01 pm

^ The team has worked very hard to make Classic Mickey Mouse very different from Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey. His movement, long rang attack, short range attack, and dialog will all be different, and of course 3.0 has a special move, where 1.0 does not. Basically Bret Iwan and the iconic ears are all they'll have in common. LOL

I would presume that Hulkbuster Iron Man will be quite different from Iron Man in that HB is much larger, and therefore will move differently. And in order to deal with Hulk, I would imagine that the suit would have completely different long and short range attacks, as well as a different special move.

As for other characters they're changing in the Marvel Universe, I know Thor is going to be female now, and Falcoln is taking over for a retiring Captain America. Except for gender, I don't think new Thor would be all the different from old Thor; I'd imagine that they'd have the same super move, hammer throwing, etc skills. But is Sam Wilson as Captain America going to have Falcon AND Captain America skills? That could be a really cool figure with combined powers! (A Captain America figure who can fly?? Sign me up!!)

What I was trying to ask is if there are 3 different Spider-Men, and they all throw webs and they all web sling, what makes them different? (I'm sure that out of the suit they are quite different in age/personality/race/etc, but I'm talking about in the suit.) Or do the the different Spider-Dudes all have different powers? And what about Spider-Gwen? Does she have the same skills as the Spider-Man? And where did all of these Spider-People come from? I know pretty much nothing (zip, nada, zero!) about the Spider-Universe, so someone has to explain it to me! :D

rank_750
InfinityApprentice

Postby fdanielix » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:07 pm

^ Miles Morales spiderman has the "Spider Sting" ability.
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:34 pm

^ I know a little about Peter Parker Spider-Man (I saw the 2002 Tobey MacGuire movie. Didn't care for it). Which Spider-Man is Miles Morales (is he the one that will survive the Marvel shake up) and what is the Spider Sting? :)

rank_750
InfinityApprentice

Postby fdanielix » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:52 pm

^ Miles Morales is the Black Hispanic 13-year old spiderman who saw Peter Parker spiderman die at the hands of green goblin.
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Dedede_Man » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:06 pm

@UncannyX-Men16
I'd recommend using spoiler tags for something big like that.
Doesn't bother me, but if someone planned on seeing the movie, that'd be a huge spoiler.
Disney Infinity needs the glory of Cory.
I love collecting stuff.

rank_250
Dedede_Man
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby da-nothing » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:08 am

Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen are both of different Earths, or universes. Miles Morales is Peter's successor in the Ultimate (1610) Universe (which was an attempt in 2000 to retell the Marvel Universe for the new generations, in the end it became its own thing), while Spider-Gwen is from Earth 65 (which isn't that relevant, she spun off the Spider-Verse event in which the Morlun family hunted down all the Spider-Men in all the universes).

Miles Morales can camouflage (appear invisible) and has the sting which paralizes whoever he uses it against. As for power differences with Spider-Gwen, I don't really know if there are any.

I don't really know about a Peggy Carter figure, she would pretty much be a Leia clone, wouldn't she?

I'm pretty sure we're getting both Vision and Scarlet Witch, as for Quicksilver I don't know, seeing as he's being left just for X-Men movies, he might be neglected by Marvel now.

rank_100
da-nothing
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys