Disney Infinity 3.0 General Discussion Topic "no wish lists"

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Announced and press release details

Postby halloweenghost » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:08 am

Now I want CLU! I hope a fig comes for him..but i doubt it
I fight for the users.

rank_50
halloweenghost
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:34 am

@KillingRaptor Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!

@ElmoSTM Can you go into spark mode to see the hidden statues?

It'd be nice to have more villain variety; we've been looking at some of the same baddies through all 3 versions of the game. I wish the Huns from Mulan were bad guys in the game. I'm surprised that they weren't added since Mulan was a highly requested figure.
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Mason_Ireton » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm

@InfinityApprentice man I would love to have the Huns in the game as well, like you I expected the Huns to be unlocked with Mulan as well.

rank_500
Mason_Ireton
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby craigbarnes88 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:03 am

Gosh this forum is quiet.
In case anybody missed it. Marvel power discs were appealingly leaked by Disney themselves, although the image was so small it's almost impossible to see what they are. But you can see there is one vehicle/item disc and three power up discs. They do not look like costume discs (unfortunately for me) so I'd presume they are power ups designed for the playset.
Also on Twitter JV has confirmed there will be no new character announcements over the holiday period. He has also confirmed there are more Disney originals announcements to come.

rank_100
craigbarnes88
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Romulus77 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:10 am

The vehicle disc looked very much like it could be Ghost Rider's bike which is great. Saddened by the continued lack of customization discs in the recent packs though. I hope the Battlegrounds playset yields some new terrains and skies.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby megadrive2 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:55 am

I'm surprised there hasn't been more Star Wars power discs packs there's loads of Terrain sets left they could do, not to mention the A-wing, B-wing and many other vehicles. The biggest omission for me though is costume changes, really want a jedi luke disc, Endor Leia or Old Ben

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby caspartt » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:01 pm

add hoth Han to that list

or better yet a costume disc that changed everyone to their hoth outfits/endor outfits

rank_100
caspartt
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby craigbarnes88 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:16 pm

I will admit I am incredibly unhappy with the handling of power discs this time around.
I was merrily happy when they announced no more blind bags, but I did not realise a side effect would be significantly fewer power discs.
I feel like they don't really know what to do with them, some have seemingly lost their purpose.
The terrain discs to me make little sense. With some terrains in game and some on discs, it's a bit fragmented. I'd rather it was more of an all or none with terrains. (Meaning either all in game, or all power discs. One or the other, not both)
As for vehicles, I'd rather they were power discs. It's a little disappointing that Bullseye and Sven are forever locked in game, when all my other character based vehicles are power discs. This is for personal reasons, as I do consider the horses etc as characters and buy figures to go with their power discs.
As for power ups, well I never used the power up discs to be honest. I'm sure many do, I merely have no opinion on them.
Costume discs on the other hand, I love them. But this year we have had so few. I could probably come up with an alternate costume for EVERY character we have. Some have multiple alternates!!! But this new method of power disc distribution has left us with very few. Last year I had about 12 customs to make from costume discs and I fell in love with the hobby. This year I've had a disappointing 3 so far. With only 4 more announced to come.
I know some people may frown upon the extra expense of these discs, but the costumes in particular I feel give a whole new life to a figure, they give the figure you already own more options. And the more costumes, the more characters you can have out of one figure.

rank_100
craigbarnes88
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby sigil » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:36 pm

Maybe in 4.0 they can do something different with the themes. Like terrain, maybe the new terrains change the physics in game. Like John Carter Mars terrain, when in the pad, everyone can super jump but there is a 10% change of falling when landing unless the figure already has super jump.
Black Hole skydome where every once in a while your figures floats in the air uncontrollably for a few seconds.

I agree that we need more discs. This time last year, we had 80 different discs to choose from. Two years ago, we had series 1 out and a few of the tru disc and series 2 was close to being out. Now we have 16 disc with 8 officially announced and 4 to be announced.

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning.
Welcome one and all to... WEIRD-MAGEDDON!
Where ever you go, there you are.

rank_250
sigil
PSN ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys