Disney Interactive Will Be at Star Wars Celebration

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Interactive Will Be at Star Wars Celebration

Postby Cellsai » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:02 am

"This will be a day long remembered" as yet another day where DI fans got their hopes waaaaay too high up for something :P

As CosmicLaurel linked above:

"The 2015 Star Wars Celebration starts April 16 and runs through April 19, and the team responsible for the free-to-play mobile game Star Wars: Commander is planning to show up. During each day of the show, gamers can get an early look at the new features that the developers are working on right now. Disney will have it running in a booth where players can go hands on with the upcoming content.

The Disney development team is also planning a panel as part of the Star Wars University sessions. Celebration attendees can join Disney Interactive executive producer Nathan Etter and Lucasfilm executive producer Matt Fillbrandt for the hour-long presentation."

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby BenFleischman » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:32 am

Hmm... When was it when we started seeing those Cap's shield invitations posted online and when the teaser trailer was released?

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:52 am

Reports about the video with Cap's shield flying around are dated April 8, 2014.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby JustNCredible » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:23 am

They might have a small teaser trailer similar to the teaser with cap's shield shown off at the event. They're going to show off and officially announce 3.0 at an event solely dedicated for 3.0 though, and as most people have speculated, I think May 4th is a safe bet, if not sooner.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:51 am

There's only one person from Disney interactive going and its not jv so doubt we will see any 3.0 info until may

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:33 pm

Yea as much changes and additions people have been calling for, it wouldn't surprise me if they push back everything this year by a little.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:35 pm

I don't think they'll push it back but you never know. On a side note Brian nelson tweeted a link to the celebration for streaming

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:23 pm

I want 3.0 really badly but is anyone else worried?
I mean the time frame of this game is one year, unless they worked on it while working on 2.0 which makes no sense.
I think it'd be worth the wait if they delayed it a year and added so much more to it.
We all saw how 2.0 turned out...
My opinion probably isn't popular but oh well, I cannot change it.
Let's hope that it is not broken, and has content to last us another year, because 1.0 and 2.0 only have content till March, making us wait a dreadful five or six months for something new.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby megadrive2 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:23 pm

^Id say it's highly likely they have been developing content for 3.0 concurrent with the start of 2.0 development, I expect 3.0 to not be drastically different in terms of architecture to 2.0. It will likely fix most of the major glitch/bug issues and have an emphasis on Star Wars instead of Marvel, I expect the toybox will have a smaller amount of new features but improve the existing ones based a lot on community feedback. Many of the Issues the community had with 2.0, short play sets, and lack of variety in missions coupled with no story driven Disney content was down to restrictions placed on Avalanche by partners within Marvel. If you keep an eye on Avalanche, Studio Gobo etc Job listings you will get a good idea of the development timeline. Studio Gobo's latest for instance suggest they are about to start building new content soon, as they require Aritists, Animators and mission builders etc. A little too late for brand new content for 3.0 at this stage, so likely this is early work towards 4.0 & 5.0.
I have plenty of faith that this years product will be deliver on many hopes & dreams and be much more polished than 2.0.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys