Least Favorite / Most Disappointing Character

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Least Favorite / Most Disappointing Character

Postby Sonicphoto » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:10 am

From 1.0 I definitely agree the Toy Story ones are the most disappointing specially with so much potential for them.

As for 2.0, I have to say Baymax so far is my most disappointing because I really find useless his special power. There was a bit of missed potential there.

Marvel wise, My most annoying one is Gamora because I don't like they chose Ventress' actress for her voice, as she exactly sounds like Ventress on this. I feel Ventress just took over Gamora's body or something lol. Groot is also a little too slow. And well Drax I only have him to have all the guardians.

rank_250_ftb_10
Sonicphoto
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby braiko » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Another vote here for Toy Story characters, especially Buzz.

Most of the other 1.0 playsets had characters that all played similarly, but at least they weren't COMPLETELY identical. The pirates all had slightly different melee combos, Randall had invisibility etc. But not only were all three Toy Story characters given the same moves, the moves didn't even make sense. It is time for 3.0 to retcon the pixar ball out of existence and replace it with lassos and lasers. Then give all the 1.0 characters ultimate moves.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby cmdrgoofy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:55 am

Yeah there is very little redeeming about the default Pixar ball for the Toy Story characters but I actually like using the mega Pixar ball. It gives enemies a pretty satisfying smack and knocks them back. Much better than the regular ball. When using Toy Story characters it's always more fun to equip at least one pack or tool like the mega Pixar ball or the Star Command blaster. I also like using the TNT pack with Woody.

rank_0
cmdrgoofy
Main Console: PS3

Postby PistonCup426 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:15 am

@Vidia, I had the same feeling about Buzz. I don't dislike him as a whole, but I also thought they really missed out by not giving him his signature laser. I suppose the Star Command Blaster is close enough in the meantime...

rank_0
PistonCup426
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Charlee » Sat May 02, 2015 7:55 am

Toy story ones. They aren't fun to play with and all play the same.
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
PSN ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Wed May 06, 2015 9:39 pm

I have all of the Disney characters and a fair amount of Marvel characters (I did not get Drax, Groot, Ronan, Yondu, Falcoln, Green Goblin, Venom, Iron Fist, or Hulk).

Of the Disney characters, my least favorite is Phineas. He plays okay, but they way his eyeballs look from the back freaks me out. LOL Interestingly, I was very pleasantly surprised and pleased with playing Agent P. He's cute, and good fighter, and his Indiana Jones-style hat always makes me feel like I'm on an adventure.

Of the Marvel characters I own, my least favorite is Hawkeye. I feel that his air assault takes too long to complete, and that for shooting 4 arrows simultaneously, they're sometimes not very effective. :-/

But overall I love all of the characters I got and think that each one is fun and special in their own way. :-)
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Sharkey » Thu May 14, 2015 11:13 am

I specifically didn't buy Ronan as I learned his special was cloaking and not some kind of "uber mode" where he exhibits his infinity stone form and dishes out TONS of damage. Missed opportunity, don't know what they were thinking giving him cloaking. =P

rank_0
Sharkey

Postby JustNCredible » Fri May 15, 2015 4:22 am

@Sharkey

My thoughts exactly, Ronan "The Accuser" doesn't seem like the type of person to cloak himself and attack while invisible; completely out of character. I feel he should have had a massive AOE attack, similar to the one Hulk uses.

@Sonicphoto

I too was a little dissapointed with Baymax's special. After watching the film, my first thought was how cool Baymanx was when he went "destroy-mode." He should have had a special where he removes his "Healthcare" chip, adopts the red eyes and aggressive stance, and is powered up for a duration, similar to Drax's special.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Vidia » Fri May 15, 2015 10:16 am

^ The "destroy" sequence was supposedly added quite late in the movie's development, so the Infinity team may not have been aware of it. Having said that though, given that the movie makes it pretty clear that removing the chip was a bad thing to do, I feel like putting it in as his special movie would be fairly inappropriate.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys