Least Favorite / Most Disappointing Character

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Least Favorite / Most Disappointing Character

Postby JustNCredible » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:12 am

Most disappointing 1.0 characters:

Tie between Buzz Lightyear and Syndrome.

`As others have said, Syndrome drastically needs the ability to fly, as well as enhanced zpe gauntlets. For example, Maleficent has abilities where she lifts npc's into the air and tosses them, which is exactly what Syndrome should be able to do, and NOT just to omnidroids.
`And Buzz needs to have access to his lazer, pronto. He should also be able to fly, or at the very least, glide.

Most disappointing 2.0 characters:

Baymax and Green Goblin

`Really hard to say. I like and am pleased with all of them to be honest. I think I was let down the most with Baymax, simply because after watching the movie, I was so looking forward to his special having something to do with his "destroy" setting, and those red eyes. I guess I was looking for a super power-up similar to Drax or Gamora.
`As far as Green Goblin goes, I was disappointed that his glider is just a pack that anyone can use. I guess that's cool, but I would have preferred that been his unique mode of flight; you just hold jump and he jumps up to be caught by the glider. I think it was a huge let-down for me personally since he was my most hyped character. He feels less special on it now :/

*For the record, Barbossa is my favorite 1.0 character, and Green Goblin/Maleficent are my favorite 2.0 characters (despite GG not having unique access to the glider).
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby SuperKitaroShinX » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:19 am

I don't have a least favorite character in particular, but Mike, Mrs.Incredible, and Jessie in 1.0 and Iron Fist in 2.0 are the most annoying in my wheeldecide.com wheel (That's where I pick a character to play as), Which they seem to be wheel's favorite characters.

rank_50
SuperKitaroShinX
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby OffBrandCereal » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:36 pm

I would say all 1.0 characters in comparison to the 2.0 characters are disappointments. They really have no combos, special moves, or really any reason to level them up. Yes, they have skill trees, but they aren't as fun as the 2.0 ones. Mainly the Toy story characters are a let down. The 1.0 roster has such great characters, but I just haven't touched them since 2.0 came out. They could all use a revamp in 3.0. I also understand it would take some time, but I'm looking at almost a $450 investment that I haven't played with since September.
Bringing Disney Afternoon to Infinity, one post at a time.

rank_50
OffBrandCereal
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby trondai » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:32 pm

Since I started playing in the 2.0 version I would have to say more or less everyone of the non-unique 1.0 characters for the same reasons mentioned before me. I get the impression they were rushed to reach a certain quota of figures needed to have a decent series. Would love to see them get "re-juvinated" in a future version but I realise that in cost & time perspective that's not realistic.

EDIT: By non-unique i don't mean crystal, just that they are generic in their moves.

rank_0
trondai
Main Console: PS4

Postby Cellsai » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:50 pm

Compared to the 2.0 figures, all the 1.0s are obviously massive steps down, however, even just taking the 1.0 figures by themselves the Toy Story cast are all fairly disappointing. Throwing the Pixar ball and a shoulder charge? That's some serious corner cutting for major iconic characters with their own playset.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby Sully101 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:43 am

I don't like the frozen characters because i don't like the movie so i am to lazy to play characters I don't like
Ohana means family, family means no one gets left behind, or forgotten

rank_100
Sully101
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby Mason_Ireton » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:20 pm

I'm semi dissapointed bout the 1.0 figures not havin super moves like the 2.0/marvel, though I think Mickey's Crystal form might have a super move (correct me if wrong)

I'm not too dissapointed with the figures I have, though I was hopin for Jasmine to wield a scepter or sword.

rank_500
Mason_Ireton
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby digeek1955 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:59 am

I also thought Phineas was kinda on the boring side.
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby INFamilyGamers » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:25 am

It's fun and surprising reading through these comments. I think Stitch is a blast and NOVA is lightning fast, great for building a box.
My least favorite to play is Groot. While it is fun to watch the first hundred times, you could go and make a sandwich while waiting for his arm to retract. :|
Community Boxes:
Travel Village-Combat Exploration
The Last Meadow-2P combat

rank_0
INFamilyGamers
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys