Concerns over quality and value

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Concerns over quality and value

Postby servantofhell » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Is anyone else concerned about the quality of the figures? I mean $12-13 bucks for something that doesn't look like it has that much paint detail. Does anyone else see the price coming down on these?

There won't be any new DLC at all? Only one more unannounced playset?

How is the future going to work with all the stuff we already bought? Since we bought a cars playset we should ever have to pay for any future next-gen game Cars playsets. Are will they try to just re-charge for all the content all over again. Just wish we knew how they planned to handle all that.

The Power Discs just seem totally unnecessarily high priced. Really have to spend $2 for a skybox texture change and +$50 some dollars for a full series collection of power discs.
servantofhell
Main Console: PS4

Re: Concerns over quality and value

Postby SalmonPink » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Several people here have already got figures, and they've talked about how the figures are a good size and impressive quality. The Cars figures, for instance, are apparently bigger than the diecast Cars line and have a nice amount of detail. If you want to see pictures, check out Sheriff's unboxing threads. Considering that the newest Monsters University action figures at the Disney Store here in the UK are only £2-3 less than a Disney Infinity figure and they're simple toys, not interactive game pieces, I think the current price is pretty fair.

Overall, the price will depend on where you purchase them. Here in the UK, supermarkets are generally cheaper than game stores, so Skylanders figures here might have a pound or two knocked off the recommended retail price. So the price may eventually come down at places like Target and Walmart, although it may be a while until that happens.

The Toy Story playset hasn't yet been officially announced. The Phineas & Ferb playset hasn't yet been announced. We've seen evidence that both exist. Plus it seems extremely likely that Frozen will have a playset. So that's definitely two, possibly three playsets that haven't been announced that we're likely to see this year, and who knows how many may appear next year. Definitely more than the one unannounced playset you mentioned, so that's another thing you don't have to worry about.

There isn't any DLC, but that's what the figures, playsets and power discs are, when you think about it. Instead of paying money to an online gaming network and getting additional content, you pay money for physical objects and they give you additional content (new powers, new worlds/levels, new objects and decorative items).

You won't have to buy the figures again. The figures are compatible with any base, whether it's been bought in a starter pack for the X-Box 360 or the PS3, and that will extend to the X-Box One and the PS4 in the future. The only thing that will be different will be the software disc, which will only work on its corresponding console, same as with any game. If you buy Infinity 2 when it comes out, figures that were released for Infinity 1 will still work with the base and the new software. If you buy figures released for Infinity 2, they'll still work with your Infinity 1 software. You can find out more here - http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44

I guess the power discs price and its value depends on whether it's something that appeals to you. If you're not interested in changing the scenery and are happy to rely on the scenery provided in the game, or if you're happy with the items you recieve in-game and don't feel the need to expand on that, then there's no pressure to purchase the power discs, so don't worry. They're a bit like Pokemon cards or any other collectable game - if they appeal to you, then $2 would be good value, if they don't then it won't ruin the game experience if you don't have them. They're just a nice perk for those who want them.

You obviously have a lot of concerns about the game, but I hope that eases your worry a little. :)

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Postby Modeltrainman » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:23 pm

Salmon answered extremely well.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Fix-It Felix » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:25 pm

^ As usual, well put Salmon :D
Wont be on the Forums until I get Infinity on the 23rd
Hope you guys enjoy it!

Lotso
Fix-It Felix

Postby Nibelilt » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Prepare for your jaw to drop and break off when you see the detail on Mater's figurine!
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Fireeye200 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:24 pm

^ So True.

rank_100
Fireeye200
Location: Inside of the Seattle wall, during the American Civil War.
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby spidermanfan99 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:25 pm

^its very detailed i can't wait to get him!
"With great power.........comes great responsibility."

rank_250
spidermanfan99

Postby SalmonPink » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Thanks guys! :D

Man, I can't wait to see these figures in person. The pictures of Mater look amazing. I'm so impressed with the balance they've managed to strike between all those little details that bring the character to life and the smooth, clean lines to make them look like the toys they need to be to match the game.

rank_250
SalmonPink

Postby servantofhell » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:01 pm

I knew figures were going to be future compatible, but it was the play set content that I was worried about.

They're making us pay for the Toy Story playset content that is already on the disc, but should that mean I shouldn't have to be sold another Toy Story playset when the second game comes around.
servantofhell

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys