Disney Infinity 3.0: Rumors & Speculation

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0: Rumors & Speculation

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:40 pm

X Men and Fantastic Four will not join Disney Infinity unless Fox's contract ends or Disney puts out their own versions. Neither seems very plausible at this point. Especially when two X Men characters had their back stories wiped to not reference the X Men for the Avengers. It is possible we may see more "Inhuman" incarnations of X Men characters, but it doesn't seem likely at this point in time.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:51 pm

"They will make more Marvel characters for sure! All of the people who started playing DI for Marvel won't buy 3.0 unless there is Marvel in it so the DI team will make more Marvel characters so 1. they don't lose fans and 2. they will make tons of money"

That didn't seem to concern them in the transition between 1.0 and 2.0....

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Infinityfan » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:05 pm

I just watched Age of Ultron! It's amazing and I would defiantly recommend watching it btw. After seeing it I need Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and maybe Ultron. I think 3.0 Marvel characters will be Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Ultron, Vision and Wolverine as he appears in some of the Spider-Man cartoon episodes. If not all those I definitely think Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, and if they make Scarlet Witch without Quicksilver (which could happen, you'd know why if you saw the film) that wouldn't be right to me and I hope it doesn't happen! Just watching that has made me more excited for Marvel in 3.0! :)

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:19 pm

@germanbolditalic
Doctor Doom, Wolverine, and others have made appearances in Spider Man and Avengers cartoons, so there's no reason they can't be included. They might be obscure in those properties, but they're there.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Mason_Ireton » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:40 am

Scarlet Witch and Ultron would be fun to experience for Infinity

It would be fun to have Ultron & Wanda (Scarlet Witch) use their film/comics powers and then use their Mega power for the Special Attack

Perhaps they can sorta model Wanda lil after Elizabeth Olson's appearance but more toy like ya know

rank_500
Mason_Ireton
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:00 am

X-Men and Fantastic Four actually can be included because Marvel still owns their videogame rights, and, like JusNCredible said, they have appeared in the cartoons owned by Marvel and Disney.
The only reason I feel we might not see them, at least in 3.0, is because Disney might not want to help promote the Fantastic Four Reboot or X-Men: Apocalypse. But it is still very possible.
Ultron I feel is a definite yes to Infinity, the new movie will make his super popular as a villain and plus he just looks plain epic. A costume disc to make him into his prototype form (In Stark Tower when they were all sitting at the table) would be awesome too.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Popularvote » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:09 am

Here's the thing. The Fox/Marvel situation isnt at all like the Sony situation.

Sony has been willing to play ball. Even before the Spiderman deal, they let Marvel use Kingpin for Daredevil since they had no plans for him Sony has cooperated with Marvel every step of the way.

Fox has been directly antagonizing Marvel. They stick Quicksilver into their movie to take the thunder from Marvel And AoU. They rush a Fantastic Four movie into production purely to hold onto the film rights. Sony sought out Marvel's opinions on the SM franchise, Fox ignores them.

And the cartoons... Let's face it, Marvel is a movie studio now. So long as another company owns the rights to a franchise, its not worth considering in Marvel's eyes. Its why Hulk 2 hasnt happened yet.

rank_250
Popularvote

Postby Cellsai » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:47 am

(Just to clarify on that last point: Despite Hulk appearing in Avengers and other Marvel Cinematic Universe properties, Marvel do not own the rights to his standalone movies. The 2003 Hulk was produced by Universal, and the 2008 Incredible Hulk was produced by Marvel and Distributed by Universal. This is one of the factors that is likely restricting Marvel producing another standalone movie - a large piece of the profits will go to Universal.)

On topic though, I wonder if DI3.0 will allow the use of previous playsets? 1.0's might not be compatible, but I imagine that 2.0 and 3.0's engine architecture will be mostly the same since they were in production at the same time. The sets may not all fit on the disc, but what would you all think of a $5 (or Free!) DLC or something that downloads all the old playset data to your console, then allows you to access them in 3.0 using a playset piece as usual?
It'd be a handy way of helping to clear out the massive amount of 2.0 figures still hanging on shelves if they were fully usable in 3.0.

rank_250
Cellsai

Postby JustNCredible » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:39 am

Fox has no say whatsoever if Disney wants to include any Marvel characters in this or any other game. They don't have to agree or have discussions. Fox doesn't own the rights to any of the comics, toys, or video games. Only the movies. They didn't have to talk to Fox when the Lego Marvel game was made.

@Stitch
That is a good point, however if anything the movies would be advertisements for the toys, not the other way around. Look at Guardians of the Galaxy and Rocket Raccoon for example. He is the #1 selling Infinity character because of the movie. The movie didn't make close to a billion dollars because of the Infinity figure. It would honestly be stupid of Disney not to capitalize on Fox's popularization of its Marvel characters; it's free advertisement. Tust me, Disney has nothing to fear. On the off chance that a few hundred die-hard Disney Infinity fans who don't like Marvel decide to see X-Men because of the cool Wolverine character, it'll only be a drop in the bucket compared to how many people will buy the Wolverine figure because the movie was so cool.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys