Disney Infinity 3.0: Rumors & Speculation

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0: Rumors & Speculation

Postby Maserati777 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:01 am

A classic black and white Mickey should be the 3rd Mickey Mouse figure released if they do release one each game.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby FlameChampion267 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:56 am

Placing my bets

- Frozen themed ToyBox Gamedisc
- 3 Star Wars Playsets (Original Trilogy, Rebels, Force Awakened)
- No more than half a dozen Marvel characters
- No more than a dozen Disney characters (1 playset and the rest toybox)
- Focus will for 3.0 will be gameplay features (2.0 was mostly about Toybox Upgrades)

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Spider-Man » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:16 pm

I think the Marvel characters will be, Ultron, Vision, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, Wasp, Winter Soldier, and War Machine
"With great power comes great responsibility!" Quoted by Uncle Ben

rank_500
Spider-Man
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:19 pm

Agree ^^^ especially after watching age of Ultron

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby GuyCC75 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Spider-Man, I'd add Daredevil to that list. His new show is great, and he looks to stay for a while.

A "Frozen" playset still seems plausible, but you would think they would wait until the sequel.

I don't know. I really hope that leaked line-up isn't the real deal. Outside of the Tron figures, Mulan, Minnie, and the surprising entirety of the Inside Out cast, it doesn't seem all that inspired. 2.0's selection seemed to be all about "fan requests". The range here is too limited, especially with people clamoring for Darkwing Duck, Baloo, Goofy, more princesses, etc. I really hope there's a round 2.

All I know is that they are super silent this time out, as in the most they've ever been. I wouldn't mind a slow, but constant release of information throughout the year for these games, especially since it's been "dead" since Falcon/Loki's release.

rank_250
GuyCC75
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby BlackWidow » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Are folks just assuming there will be more Marvel, hence the wishlists/predictions, or has Disney/Avalanche actually stated that there will be more?

If it's the latter, I'm surprised - the Marvel figures are literally dusty at every store I see them at, so much so that a lot of stores got little or no Disney Originals stuff because the Marvel stuff was (and still is) clogging the shelves.

I just don't see them continuing to release Marvel figures - I really would be surprised if the Vita exclusive isn't the last one.

rank_100
BlackWidow
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:19 pm

@blackwidow at this stage its assumption as Disney or avalanche haven't even confirmed 3.0 officially. Think its assumed by most that star wars will be priority followed by Disney and then marvel 60/30/10 or similar.

That's if it is even star wars lol

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:39 pm

The Marvel figures outsold the Disney ones from 1.0 and 2.0, just makes sense to make more and make money, just have to coincide with the popular movies at the time. A lot of people say they won't make X-Men or Fantastic Four since Marvel isn't using them for anything, but I think it would be smart on their part to release figures as Fox comes out with the movies; it's not like kids care about the difference between movie studios.

But yea, Marvel and soon Star Wars will be here to stay, with continued support.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Spider-Man » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:08 pm

They will make more Marvel characters for sure! All of the people who started playing DI for Marvel won't buy 3.0 unless there is Marvel in it so the DI team will make more Marvel characters so 1. they don't lose fans and 2. they will make tons of money
"With great power comes great responsibility!" Quoted by Uncle Ben

rank_500
Spider-Man
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys