Disney Infinity 3.0: Rumors & Speculation

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0: Rumors & Speculation

Postby Infinityfan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:49 am

I think the ratio will be Star Wars to Disney to Marvel 50% to 40% to 10%. That's what I hope it'll be like.

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Halicarnassus » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:14 am

I have a feeling the ratio will be more like 70% to 20% to 10%. They're going to want to go all out for Star Wars as it will make them the most money.

Anybody have predictions on the characters for 3.0? My list so far:

Star Wars
01 - Luke Skywalker
02 - Han Solo
03 - Princess Leia (you almost KNOW for certain that she'll be a Starter Only character... ugh sexism)
04 - Darth Vader
05 - Boba Fett
06 - Chewbacca
07 - Lando Calrissian
08 - Yoda
09 - Emperor Palpatine
10 - Obi-Wan Kenobi
11 - Anakin Skywalker
12 - Darth Maul
13 - Mace Windu
14 - Ezra Bridger (let it be known I don't watch Rebels, but they put a lot of animated characters from Marvel in so I'm assuming Rebels is a safe bet)
15 - Kanan Jarrus
16 - Zeb Orrelios
17 - Sabine Wren (I don't think Hera will be picked since she seems absent in most merchandising... I hope she is though since I love twi'leks)

Disney Originals
18 - Mickey Mouse (classic)
19 - Minnie Mouse
20 - Sam Flynn
21 - Quorra
22 - Mulan
23 - Olaf
24 - Joy
25 - Sadness
26 - Fear
27 - Disgust
28 - Anger (sadly I think what we saw is it for Disney Originals this round)

Marvel
29 - Quicksilver
30 - Scarlet Witch
31 - Vision
32 - Ultron
33 - Ant-Man
34 - Yellowjacket

There were 29 characters in 1.0 and 31 in 2.0. 34 seems like a good number to expect IMO. I really hope we get some surprises like more female characters (*coughWaspcough*) or more classic Disney Originals like Simba or Hercules but I don't see it happening.

rank_0
Halicarnassus
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby halloweenghost » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:41 am

No episode 7? I figured they might at least put out Rey and Finn figures..
I fight for the users.

rank_50
halloweenghost
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Infinityfan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:05 am

^We all should know the Originals we saw aren't going to be all were getting for 3.0, there will be AT LEAST 1 or 2 more in Wave 2, like Jasmine, but more for 3.0 because they've learnt from their mistakes! :D

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Cellsai » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:42 am

There is no proof they've learned anything from any mistakes, except that putting a gag order on John Vignocchi hinting about stuff on his Twitter saves them lots of pain.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby Violent_Virtuoso » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:52 am

@Spider-Man

Yeah, if they don't release any Marvel figures in 3.0, I likely won't buy it at all unless it's on a great sale ($30 or less) and they have a lot of Disney Originals figures.

I really don't see a way they decide to not release any Marvel figures though, with Daredevil already out and Ant-Man, Avengers 2 and Deadpool all to be in movie theaters soon. I think they will release Ant-Man, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Ultron and maybe Daredevil, Deadpool and Vision, at the very least, for 3.0. Sincerely hoping for more than that and maybe some play-sets with them, even though I doubt we get more than one, if any.

I just think selling Marvel figures is too profitable to abandon making them, even for a year.

rank_0
Violent_Virtuoso
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:01 am

@Halicarnassus Agree with the majority of your pick, I might add War Machine to your Marvel selection... However I think the Star Wars Episode 7 characters will be more involved, so i'm guessing prequel characters like Anakin Skywalker, Darth Maul, Mace Windu might be left for another game, not too sure on Yoda, Emperor Palpatine
or Obi-Wan Kenobi (clone or new hope)... really depends on episode 7 content to me... what about r2 or c3po?

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Halicarnassus » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:15 am

Deadpool's a FOX property, so I highly doubt he will make it into Disney Infinity. He's in the same boat as the X-Men characters.

@rogpalmeruk Yes! I forgot War Machine... I think he's in Age of Ultron at some point?

I honestly don't think Ep 7 stuff will be in it... the game will be coming out probably around September, but the film doesn't come out until Christmas. I feel like they won't make figures for the game unless it has a playset, and they won't do a playset until the film is released. Maybe they'll release the playset after? I hope so... I'd love to see some of the Ep 7 characters, especially the Chrome Trooper (huuuge Gwendoline Christie fan).

I feel like the droids stand better chances of being "Team-Up" discs. And I think Yoda's chances are very strong... he's a well-known and popular SW character.

rank_0
Halicarnassus
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:34 am

Seeing a lot of wish listing here. LOL.

I'm excited to see what happens in the next week. With the site having been updated I am hoping for a teaser this week and a full announce May the 4th. But it could very well be that May 4th will be the first teaser. Either way we are getting close to finally having some solid official info on 3.0.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys