2.0 Vita Starter set coming May 15th

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: 2.0 Vita Starter set coming May 15th

Postby Trexroarr » Mon May 11, 2015 2:50 am

So does Black Suit Spidey count as a different character in game like on the collection screen? If so, I'll have to pick him up.
Collection
68/101 Figures + 13/20 Play Sets + 151/169 Discs = 232/290 Total

rank_250
Trexroarr
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Gonmog » Mon May 11, 2015 9:45 am

No, on the collection screen he counts as a red and blue spider man. Was slightly disappointed.

rank_0
Gonmog

Postby PirateSteven » Mon May 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Here is something that I thought was odd after experimenting: if you use the alien symbiotes power disc on black suit spider-man on the vita version it will in fact turn him to red spider-man which I thought was a really great touch. When I took the power disc off of the base, spider-man continued to be red even when switching to other toy boxes. I thought I had broken my figure from the confusion, but he returned to black suit spider-man after I closed the application and restarted the game.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Postby Vasuri83 » Mon May 11, 2015 12:39 pm

For those who have the vita version, how is the building? If we bought it, we would probably just use it for building on the go. Is it a pain to build like trying to build using the vita as an extension of the PS4? Or are there different controls programed to make it easier?
35 Featured Toy Boxes
Most Recent: "Pod Prowling"

rank_250_ftb_10
Vasuri83
Disney ID:

Postby g2red89 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:42 pm

Kind of off topic, but for the one poster that said they had the mad catz controller for iphone, does it really work for the toy box app? I was thinking about getting the vita version but I don't really play my vita a lot or carry it around with me when I'm out so it seems like a waste of money for me. Add the fact that you would actually have to carry around a base and characters too is just ridiculous, so I'm thinking about purchasing a controller for my phone if they make some that would actually work.

rank_100
g2red89

Postby Mozenrath1 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:50 am

g2red89 yes I purchased the Mad catz CTRLi for iOS and it is the greatest thing ever invented.
Full console controller on your iPad and iPhone it comes with an iPhone attachment that holds
Your iPhone. I find myself doing a lot more playing and building on my iPad now that I have it.
"Why am I not surprised" - Iago from Alladdin

rank_250
Mozenrath1
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Tue May 12, 2015 2:59 am

I haven't played it much yet but the controls seem pretty good to me. You don't have to use the back touchpad at all but you use the touch screen for the top two triggers, the joystick buttons and entering the editor. I would recommend it. The only bad thing is the graphics (they aren't as bad as iOS though) and it lags sometimes. I haven't built much yet but the toy box size is probably pretty small too.
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Puddin' » Tue May 12, 2015 11:47 am

In regards to the Black Suited Spidey not being in the Hall of Heroes, the console versions could always be updated with a patch to add this character. I wonder if they would... or maybe he will be in the 3.0 HOH, which brings me to my next point:

If I had to predict if this exclusive will ever be released as a single, I could see it happening during 3.0. I mean, we did get the Crystal Mickey during 2.0, so it wouldn't seem out of place. It's a great way to rerelease an iconic character for 3.0. Spider-man has always been a popular selling character from a marketing perspective.

And finally, still no Canadian release news since the blog posting... at this point, I'm going to import it from the UK and hope there will never be DLC for this version. I've always disliked ebgames as a company, and I hate having to give them my money (this and the Ness Amiibo).

Lenny
Puddin'

Postby Elmo STM » Tue May 12, 2015 12:59 pm

But remember the only reason crystal mickey was released with 2.0 was because he was intended to be sold for 1.0 but something happened with production so they had to hold off until 2.0

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys