2.0 Vita Starter set coming May 15th

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: 2.0 Vita Starter set coming May 15th

Postby megadrive2 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:22 am

UK set is back to £39.99 at Amazon or £38.99 at 365games

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby rogpalmeruk » Tue May 19, 2015 7:25 pm

At least it's dropping

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ptr362 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:38 pm

Just got this today (in the UK). Amazon didn't dispatch it yesterday despite promise of launch day arrival so ended up cancelling and getting from Game in town for an extra fiver. Played it briefly and the resolution is pretty horrid and frame rate is poor, although it's not much of a surprise considering a Vita game card can't hold as much data (4GB max I think) as other consoles. I kinda like the bluetooth base for the game, as I'm able to take it to my shelves where all my figures are and put them into the game rather than move the figures to my console where they can get disorganised. I also hate having to get up to switch characters on the home console versions so the portability will be nice for when I'm just lying in bed playing it.

I'd only recommend this version of the game if you specifically want the black-suit Spider-Man figure, and/or can find benefit from the portability (though limited) and can deal with wibbley frame rates and resolution. In all fairness to it however, I believe it has all the content and compatibility of the console versions, and so it's nice to not be given a striped down version where some things can't be done on the Vita version. Personally, I'm going to try getting all the trophies, keep the Spider-Man figure, and then sell the game on.

rank_0
ptr362
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby sigil » Sat May 23, 2015 12:35 am

What is the point of the trophies? I bought the Vital to play little big planet and now di 2.0 but don't know what they are for.
Where ever you go, there you are.

rank_250
sigil
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby ptr362 » Sat May 23, 2015 3:42 am

Trophies are meant to be rewards for achieving certain targets and beating challenges, and are set by the game's developer. I guess it's to show others what you've accomplished and you can view other peoples trophies, compare them with your own, and see what other people are good at. Some people obsess over getting platinum trophies (a trophy usually given for getting all trophies in a game) and I personally sort of fall into the camp of "If I think I can achieve it, I'll give it a try".

rank_0
ptr362
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby diehardest13 » Sun May 24, 2015 6:43 am

So had a quick go last night and yes the frame rate can get a little poor but the fact the developer's had a limit of 4 GB I think they have done an out standing job.

We could if easily got a game like the DI 1.0 on the 3ds or nothing at all so let's be thankful what we have. And considering the lack of any western AAA games on the vita this is a blessing.

Just one question. Went to the hall of heroes and went through all my figures for shared ownership.

All appeared in the hall apart from drax and Groot. Does anyone know why they might not show?

Thanks

rank_50
diehardest13

Postby sigil » Sun May 24, 2015 11:02 am

I had the same problem with rocket and gamora. I just put the on again and they registered the same with some discs.
Where ever you go, there you are.

rank_250
sigil
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby diehardest13 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:56 pm

OK I'll give it another go.

rank_50
diehardest13

Postby Dedede_Man » Mon May 25, 2015 1:13 pm

The fact that the figure alone is a minimum of 50/60 euro on eBay is disgraceful. It's just like with amiibos; you paid a decent price for it, why in the hickory-dickory-dock do ya feel it's justified to charge so much more than you paid?!
Disney Infinity needs the glory of Cory.
I love collecting stuff.

rank_250
Dedede_Man
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Steam:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys