Coming Soon: Toy Box Tales

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Coming Soon: Toy Box Tales

Postby Cellsai » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:14 am

I imagine these will just be an extension of the Weekly Toy Box Challenges already there, except with greater dedicated team involvement.
Every week/two weeks/whatever, they will release official Toy Box Tales levels, these will be complete full toy box games with a narrative, as they said, but at the end of each box it will give the player an objective: they'll need to make their own level to fill in the gap between this Toy Box Tale and the next one. The best ones will be promoted on the Toy Box Downloads page as the current challenges are.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby wherestron » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:38 am

Yeah. I was thinking along similar lines. Perhaps the best submitted Toy Box shapes the story? That would be pretty awesome. Community driven Choose your own adventure!
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:41 am

Yea @cellsai that sounds like a very plausible idea

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby THiNCRUST OMEGA » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:31 am

As long as we get that all-character storyline, it's fine with me!
I do Internet Reviews and Build Toy Boxes.

rank_100
THiNCRUST OMEGA

Postby Cellsai » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 am

I really hope that my outline above does not turn out to be the "All character storyline". Unless levels in the ToyBox are made with some *serious* polish they always have that "Made in the Toy Box" feel to them. If an All Character Storyline does eventually surface I'd like it to have the same quality of the playsets.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby 80sDuckFan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:01 pm

All characters would be better. Having an interconnected storyline between Toy Boxes would frustrate those who don't have certain figures.

Let's say part one centers around Elsa, part two features Donald Duck, and part three concludes with Iron Man. I don't have Iron Man, that means I miss out on the ending of the story because I lack the toy to do so. Toy Box Tales is not going to convince me to buy toys I don't want and I'll be annoyed because I don't get to finish their story.

In the end, unless the character specific story is self contained, using specific characters for a multi-part storyline will just be another black eye to 2.0. I don't think Avalanche is stupid enough to pull something like this.

rank_250
80sDuckFan
Main Console: PS4

Postby Infinityfan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:04 pm

They might be centred around a character or characters but they hopefully won't limit the toy box to any specific character just recommend playing as them for the best experience. :) I agree, I don't really like toy boxes locked to one specific character because it means I have to walk all the way to my room to get it, uh, the effort! :lol:

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys