Possible Teen Beach Movie play set?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Possible Teen Beach Movie play set?

Postby MonkeyDLenny » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:26 am

^A Disney Channel movie about two teens entering the world inside of a sterotypical beach movie

To be honest, they literally stole the plot from the movie Pleasantville

rank_250
MonkeyDLenny
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby killa-bunnah » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:55 am

Oh please no.
"The world is haunted now" - Tyreese, The Grove

rank_250
killa-bunnah
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby SalmonPink » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:06 am

Haven't seen Teen Beach Movie and to be honest I don't think it'll make it to Disney Infinity. I think will DI will mostly stick to Disney and Pixar movies, with exceptions made for extremely popular tv or live action properties that have already been proven to sell ridiculous amounts of merchandise (Phineas & Ferb, Pirates Of The Caribbean) or new release live action blockbusters (Lone Ranger).

However, Disney Infinity is looking to appeal to fans from all across the Disney fandom, and if they think something will provide good gameplay and sell well, it has the potential to be included. So if DI had been released a few years back, maybe we would have seen a Hannah Montana or High School Musical playset (those being the most popular Disney Channel properties that spring to mind). I think it's important to remember that just because one person may not like a particular Disney show or film, doesn't mean it should be excluded from Disney Infinity and denied to the people that do like the show.

But, again, I don't think we'll see any Disney Channel playsets or figures. Maybe we'll see toys in the toy box influenced by them (for a completely made-up example, there could be one of the red sports uniforms from High School Musical as a blockhead NPC outfit) but I think that's the extent of it.

rank_250
SalmonPink

Postby TheANvil » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:44 pm

I told myself that I would get all the characters that they made for this even if I didn't really like them.

I will be breaking that if they start making Hannah Montanta, High School Musical or anything else that's in that vein.

rank_250
TheANvil
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

Postby SalmonPink » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:43 pm

@TheANvil
Oh no, I'm not saying I think they'll make Hannah Montanta or High School Musical playsets, sorry if I wasn't clear - I don't think we'll get any Disney Channel related playsets. I just used those as examples because they're probably the most known Disney Channel franchises, the ones that audiences that never watch the Disney Channel were probably still aware of because they got that popular. I don't think Disney Channel currently has anything that's reached that level of recognisability, so that's why I mentioned that those may have been hypothetical possibilities only if Disney Infinity were released several years ago, at the height of their popularity. And even then it probably still would have been doubtful.

Really, my point was that there's always a possibility that a franchise a person doesn't like will be included in Disney infinity, and it's not the end of the world if that does happen. For instance, Lone Ranger apparently hasn't had good reviews and I've seen people make comments on this forum about the quality of the film (can't judge for myself, it hasn't been released here yet). So there will people out there who don't like that movie and can choose to avoid the playset. The same with Cars, I see it being looked down on regularly by people claiming it's the worst Pixar film (personally, I think Cars is fun and I'd still rather watch a 'bad' Pixar film that anything produced by a lot of other studios), so people can choose not to get that playset too. I think those people will still absolutely adore Disney Infinity, even if they choose not to buy the playsets related to franchises they don't like. I just didn't want this to turn into a 'Disney Channel sucks and would ruin the game' thread and wanted to remind everyone that different people have differing tastes. :lol:

But seriously, I wouldn't worry about Teen Beach Movie. I honestly can't see it even being a possibility of a playset, or any other Disney Channel property for that matter. Like I mentioned, the only place I think we're likely to see Disney Channel stuff is in the toy box, not in any additional figures or playsets. The Disney Infinity creators seem to have worked really hard to include lots of different Disney properties from across different media and different decades, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are Disney Channel themed toys, in the same way there's Condorman wings or ESPN stadium pieces. They're just a bonus for people who do like those properties and won't impact the game for those who don't. Your collection is safe. ;)

rank_250
SalmonPink

Postby RobotGhost » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:43 pm

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

It's bad enough they make those movies I don't want to play as any of those characters in a video game
Back to the Drawing Board!

rank_100
RobotGhost
Main Console: PS4

Postby TheANvil » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:04 pm

@SalmonPink

I wasn't necessarily directing that comment at you, moreso a general response to the overall thread :).

I think it's likely that eventually everyone who buys Infinity won't like a playset that gets released. I really don't like Phineas and Ferb but I like the idea of them being on the game so I don't mind having them. I loathe the idea of having stuff like Hannah Montana on the game though.

Hopefully them adding P&F means they'll eventually add the supremely awesome Gravity Falls!

rank_250
TheANvil
XBL ID:

Postby SalmonPink » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:31 pm

Oh God, I want a Gravity Falls playset soooo badly. Playing as Mabel would be a dream!

I'm a completist like you, so I'm planning to buy every regular figure (although I'm not sure about the crystal variants, I'm going to wait and see with those). I honestly can't think of a Disney franchise that I dislike off the top of my head, but I'd probably still end up buying any figures of characters I didn't like just to have the whole set! ;)

rank_250
SalmonPink

Postby TheANvil » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Yep, having figures of Dipper and Mabel would be so freakin' amazing.

rank_250
TheANvil
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys