New Tron Game in the Works (Tron Playset?)

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

New Tron Game in the Works (Tron Playset?)

Postby DarkwingDuck » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:21 pm

This article discusses the music being worked on for an upcoming Tron game.

The end of the article hints at a possible Disney Infinity connection, it seems like a lot of effort is being put into the soundtrack for the game so that does seem like a bit much for a Tron playset but who knows...

rank_0
DarkwingDuck
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: New Tron Game in the Works (Tron Playset?)

Postby Doc Jump » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:29 pm

Lets see, we have:

-Quorra and Sam being released later in 3.0
-Tron himself being mentioned in the 3.0 survey
-CLU has been seen both being played by staff members and in files
-3.0 has a scifi theme (Star Wars, Wall-E?)
-you don't unlock themes and terrains from playsets, which would explain why its a set instead of a toybox game (because we already have Tron 1 and 2 terrain)

Not to mention I doubt there would only be 5 themes in an actual game.

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby David Gunn » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:38 pm

This is very cool and interesting news. But Giorgio Moroder and Skrillex are pretty big deals. So much so that it would almost seem odd for them to bring in Talent like this for Disney Infinity, so maybe it is for an unrelated separately developed game project. Don't get me wrong, before all the bad news in regards to how they've handled Tron for the Infinity community, I would have loved a game score for Infinity from Moroder and Skrillex. Moroders collaboration with Daft Punk is also a great piece from another great Artist(Daft Punk) who contributed greatly to the feel of the Tron property and universe. Wish Disney would get their act together and take charge of this property, wish they did it for Black Hole as well. But even if all we get is a true next gen Tron game, i guess thats some kind of a bread crumb from the table. But I'm thrilled to hear about Moroder!

rank_0
David Gunn
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:05 pm

^If they can get Sam Jackson for 2.0 i'm sure Giorgio Moroder shouldn't be a problem. Please leave out Skrillex though, or I might need to mute the music in the next game. Wendy Carlos is still alive last time I checked, get her and Moroder to work on the score that would be incredible.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby herbhen » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:35 pm

I always exercise caution when new information comes around relating to Tron, as 9 times out of 10 nothing seems to come of it, generally speaking this article's validity seems questionable regardless. Either way what its proposing whether it was linked to Disney Infinity as a play set or its own stand alone project, sounds very exciting!

rank_100
herbhen
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:39 pm

Not getting my hopes too high, but a playset would be amazing.
Sort of feel bad for John, lot of mean people attacking him on Twitter over this.
They never even said that figures would never come for Tron...

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby 80sDuckFan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:09 am

Interesting rumor, but at the moment I'm just going to treat it as a non-Disney Infinity game rumor.

However, **IF** they were going to do a Tron playset with original music, then I think Wendy Carlos or Joseph Trapanese would be great choices. Wendy did the original film while Trapanese did Legacy and Uprising (he pieced together Daft Punk's material so that their music would actually work like a film score for Legacy). My nostalgic pick would be Wendy, though. The theme from the first film is what heaven should sound like. :)

rank_250
80sDuckFan

Postby digeek1955 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:26 am

I kinda hope this rumor is true because tron would make a great playset....But Skrillex....Really .......*Chokes*
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby KillingRaptor » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:47 am

I hope this means a Tron playset is in the works, or even a seperate console game would be great (I loved Tron Evolution). I like the music from Skrillex but I don't think that his kind of music would fit in the Tron universe... Daft Punk did an amazing job with the soundtrack for Legacy as did Wendy Carlos for the first movie. Don't know how music from Skrillex would fit in...
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys