Why is Disney Infinity 2.0 so broken?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Why is Disney Infinity 2.0 so broken?

Postby semerien » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:56 am

@Elmo STM - Yes, it must be the Stop-Crashing creativitoy that some of us bought. Very reasonable at only 100,000 sparks.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:59 am

Lmao could be, what is it? Have had a few glitches mind but nothing that crashed my game (except full toy boxes when I played on 360)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MickeyMousefit » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:19 am

@semerian ha! Lol I was thinking the same thing...yeah, it's "us" right? As there is no possible way the almighty Avalanche Software, John Vignocci, or any game programmers could ever produce, develop, design or much less release a flawed and imperfect game after all could they? So therefore it MUST be the players fault! Yes. How dare us?!

rank_50
MickeyMousefit

Postby Cellsai » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:27 am

Aye, I love DI a lot and gush on about it to all my friends (despite how cynical I sound in most of my posts on this forum), but a perfect game it is not. I am also plagued with crashes on my PS3, and not just in the rare times I make my own toy boxes, but even when I play Playsets or download Toy Boxes. I just get periodic crashes that I can rarely figure out the cause of.
DI2.0 is still a very fun and playable game most of the time, but it should be obvious to everyone on this forum that buggy behaviour in the game and outright crashing is a very common problem, despite how many people can say "well, it's never happened to me".

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby MightyGitis » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:58 am

The list of malfunctions is (unfortunately) long. I have both PS4 and PS3 versions and the PS3 one freezes quite a bit at times. I got them both for testing purposes to ensure my Toy Boxes function fully on both gen of consoles and sometimes that is really not an easy task.

The bottom line is the answer to the question posited in the title is not something any of us really knows the answer to. We know they had significantly more time to make 1.0 than they had to make 2.0. They made perhaps too many very ambitious advancements in the realm of logic toys for the Toy Box and some of them are not quite fully functional. The Toy Box is s very complex thing to test I imagine. No two people use it exactly the same. I wouldn't be surprised if they're working on s better game plan for testing in 3.0.

If you are truly so displeased I encourage you to get out now. Speak your displeasure with the almighty wallet.

Might be too late for that though

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:27 am

^@MickeyMousefit ... I wasn't suggesting it was him at all, I know how flawed the game is, I was simply inquiring as to what exactly is in the toy box that he added that I don't have so I know to avoid it. The list for glitches, bugs etc is long as mightygitis has said. The game seems rushed and the patch fixed some things but only made other things worse.

This doesn't stop my love for the things that go right in the game and as mighttgitis also said it hasn't stopped her being able to make amazing and perfectly working toy boxes for us to enjoy.

Knowing what to avoid will help us all. And also point the devs in the direction of any issues the game has :D

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby craiganater03 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:49 am

I had a lot of issues on the Xbox one as well. Freezing, drops out, it even crashed a few times towards the end of survival mode. Though my girlfriend and I got all the achievements a few weeks ago and haven't touched it since.

rank_0
craiganater03
XBL ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:51 pm

I will admit, I love playing 2.0 and I loved playing 1.0. There have been some big improvements in the toy box from 1.0, it is much better, easier and more advanced. Bugs wise, I use a PS4 and there have been a few issues but honestly, I haven't had too many major crash outs (the scalable barrier maxing out the graphic bar after the big fix did make me use some rather foul language).

I will be honest, there are problems with this game that honestly, I don't think should have ever happened. The Green Goblin's glider issue never should have happened. I also don't think saying the xbox one and ps4 are newer consoles and that's an excuse, it shouldn't be, they should run on them smoother than on the ps3 etc.. things like this have to be fixed in the long run. Lots of big video games have required big updates and patches after launch, the stress of putting out games before xmas is causing game companies on a whole to throw things out knowing they have bugs.

Not doing Disney playsets was a HUGE mistake in my eyes. There are so many Disney fans who don't like Marvel and don't grasp the toy box. the community does a fantastic job in creating content for Disney, but I'll admit, I think they rushed 2.0 out, 1.0 had a longer run in time and I hope as the game has become more successful they can add more teams into it, to create more content for us, more toys, more skys, more toy box games, more playsets. The disney community team have been great at being that bridge between the fans and them, but there hasn't been enough "Disney" content when it compares to 1.0. I love the game but will be honest with its issues, as the game moves on, I hope there is more continuous content than the rush to get whole starter packs/etc all out before xmas.. hopefully when "cough cough Tron" comes out, it proves that this is the way to go... ad things on the fly and use infinity as a platform, keep building on it, making it better. Skylanders is more of a traditional video game, take away the toys and the games are very different. infinity has gone down the creative side, rather than on the straight up video games.

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby g2red89 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:47 pm

I've noticed issues here and there and I don't think I can ever recreate the amount of joy I had while tinkering and learning while playing the first infinity. It was just so new and fresh and it was a whole lot of fun. I've had just as much fun with 2.0 with leveling up figures, something I didn't care much about with 1.0 because of no skill tree, but 2.0 definitely has it's flaws. I hope with the 3rd one that they devote a lot of attention to star wars simply because I have absolute no interest in it so I'm hoping I can just save some money this time around. I know there will be disney content, but I'm hoping they do like 2.0 and release the star wards version first then the disney content months later as a cheaper downloadable entry that way I don't have to waste money on star wars. I thought the same about the marvel stuff and ended up buying it but hopefully I can hold out a little more on the next game.

rank_100
g2red89

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys