Why is Disney Infinity 2.0 so broken?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Why is Disney Infinity 2.0 so broken?

Postby MightyGitis » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:15 pm

@vidia That would require 2.0 to be as broken as a watch that doesn't tell time. And it is not that broken. Are there issues? Sure. But it's not a broken watch and is much better than a sundial.

I am still able to build fully functional games in the Toy Box. It's still playable. Very playable and with better testing and QA 3.0 will be fabulous.

@semerien is right about the audience. Perhaps it's a mistake to do both. Maybe they should drop the play sets and focus on the Toy Box. (Mwa ha ha!)

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Why is Disney Infinity 2.0 so broken?

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:19 pm

Hey defo should have summit goers as beta testers IMO so glitches can be fixed

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinite Mickey » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:25 pm

Very good points everyone.

Mukluk: Why did you join the forums if you don't like the games? Also, calling us one sided fan boys who ignore a problematic game is as one sided as the supposed fan boys you're calling us. This game has glitches to the point where it's frustrating, but that's not to say Avalanche won't fix it in 3.0. I'm sure they're hard at work right now doing the best with 3.0.

As for why this game is so buggy, getting a game out in a year with only a one or two teams working on it. Skylanders has bunches of people working on their games. Disney infinity is just starting to get new people on. With the addition of teams like Ninja Theory will be very helpful to them.

Overall, it's a slightly broken game. There's no ignoring that. The playsets kinda stink, and the interiors are a glitchy mess. They've got a few things to work on. It'll happen. They're listening to us, and trying to fix it. The reason we aren't getting any updates for 2.0 is because they're hard at work making 3.0. WAY Better. Just, understand how difficult game development is. Getting everything from 1.0 into 2.0, and then making original content for 2.0, that's a whole lot. This time, it was a bit of a miss unfortunately.
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:31 pm

As a counterpoint to the "fanboy" comment, so what? I'm going to support Avalanche through everything, regardless of what detractors say? Fanboy...eh, I'd go with 'superfan'.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby semerien » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:57 pm

I would have never guessed that you liked Avalance @Modeltrainman.

Learn something new every day.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Disney ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:59 pm

@semerien, Yup! ;)
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby vongruetz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:12 pm

I'm not trying to compare it to Skylanders or say one is more complex than the other, I'm just wondering what happened. I play 1.0 and everything seems to work really well. I play 2.0 and I feel like I'm walking on thin ice because it might break at any minute. Why is that? Is the project spread too thin by trying to support too many platforms at the same time? Were they overly ambitious with 2.0 and things just got away from them? I have no idea. What I do know is that there were a lot of changes that were made in 2.0 that made this game a lot more complex. I think of it as 1.0 was more for the player and 2.0 is more for the creator.

Other changes were made too that just baffle me. Like the button you press to turn your vehicle around 180 degrees was switched for some reason.

I just wish there was some better QA for the project. My fingers are crossed that the Vita version works fine and that 3.0 just works. Clearly though there was something that happened.

rank_0
vongruetz
PSN ID:

Postby MickeyMousefit » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:49 am

My XBONE version crashes all the time in Toy box mode, so it's not just a Playstation 4 thing. There are still collision issues. audio issues, logic issues. The big update doesn't appear to have fixed anything for me that mattered I had issues with such things as my townspeople not staying in place in scripted areas, collision problems and missing audio. Load times are a bear. Etc. It's buggy. Lot's of games are buggy. But 2.0 has always felt rushed and poorly thought out as a game compared to 1.0 in many aspects and in my opinion it shows. Do I still play it? Yes. When I get a new figure I do... Same with Skylanders. Both are fun games for a while, but in the end I'm in it for the figures anyway. The fact that you can play with them in a virtual space, be it a toy box, a playset, or the in the "Skylands" only makes their value and fun factor as a toy that much better for me. People tend to forget that these franchises appeal to many different types of people, wide range of age groups, gamers, toy collectors, children, parents, designers, etc. But it is still the figures that make these games special. I would buy the figures regardless of the game and that goes for both Disney Infinity and Skylanders, but not for the Amiibos of which I do not own a Nintendo system nor collect the figures for various reasons among them that they don't have the same "special" feelto me. Disney Infinity fulfills my nostalgic love of Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, The Muppets, etc and the builder/designer/artist in me, while the Skylanders original figure designs, chase figures/variants and each versions new toy innovations (lightcore,swapper, traps etc) are what make them so appealing to a toy collector. My biggest complaint with Disney Infinity in comparison to Skylanders is that I only wish Disney/Avalanche would release about double the amount of figures and power discs each cycle as well as add in more variants and chase items. But that's the toy collector in me talking. Anyway the game us ok. It crashes. That's a fact. But it's a fun game. Skylanders doesn't crash(at least none of mine ever have on both xbox 360 and XBONE) but it's a totally different game. Both are good, but not great. Neither is perfect.

rank_50
MickeyMousefit

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:52 am

My Xbox one game hasn't ever crashed, even with spark machines etc. Could be something in the toy box.

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys