Why is Disney Infinity 2.0 so broken?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Why is Disney Infinity 2.0 so broken?

Postby vongruetz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:39 pm

I'm relatively new to the Disney Infinity games and had passed on 1.0 when it came out last year. This year however I decided to jump in full force into the game. I figured that it would be something that my daughter and I could enjoy together. Thanks to some great Black Friday deals, I was able to pick up DI 2.0 for the PS4 and the PS3. I also got the original game for the PS3 since those play sets would be more appealing to my daughter.

I started off by playing through a lot of DI 1.0 and it was a blast. It was a bit overwhelming at first, but once we got the hang of it, it was a lot of fun.

Then we tried 2.0 on the PS4. What a mess. Even after the "big update" the game would still crash on us more often than not. It would freeze the system to the point where I'd have to unplug the console to get it to work. Load times would be really long and sometimes we'd get into a toy box and everything would be black as though someone just turned out the lights.

The performance on the PS3 isn't any better. In fact, if you're playing with 2 players, the PS3 version of 2.0 will crawl to a near stand still.

And this isn't even getting into the broken tools for creators and this new discovery that the Green Goblin's glider can't be unlocked when it should.

Then I pop in 1.0 and it's like a breath of fresh air. Sure, it's not as sophisticated, but it's good simple fun that works.

So what happened with 2.0? I'm fearing the release on the Vita since the PS3 performance is sluggish enough. And can we expect it to be any better when 3.0 rolls out?

rank_0
vongruetz
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: Why is Disney Infinity 2.0 so broken?

Postby KillingRaptor » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:44 pm

I've had some freezing myself on the PS4... It seems to always happen at a certain point in the Hero's Duty toy box, I have no idea what causes this. Also had some crashes in the GotG playset in the fight against Ronan.
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:47 pm

Considering the PS4's only a year old, I think it's that Avalanche hasn't learned it inside out yet. As far as PS3...I haven't noticed it crawling in split screen.
3.0 will definitely be better.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby jgonshor » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:21 pm

I haven't experienced your frustration @vongruetz with the performance on the PS4. I'm not sure what could be the difference. Yesterday I did have some slow load times, but that has been about it. Of course my Goblin didn't have the glider either, but I'm not to worried about it...it'll get fixed. We are now PSN friends. Let's try to get some gaming in soon!
-Jason

rank_0
jgonshor
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:14 pm

I haven't had too much trouble with the game, I play on Playstation 4.
I agree with MTM, they are still getting used to it.

There have been many mistakes that they will hopefully learn from in 3.0.
One being lack of Disney playsets and characters ;)

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:20 pm

I play on Xbox and haven't had issues like this. Maybe its an isolated issue. I've had other small glitches, only freezing for me happened on last gen consoles when the toy boxes were built on current gen. Is the game installed on hard drive? Do you download the toyboxs before you play play them? Maybe that could help

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby vongruetz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:27 pm

The play sets are another area where 2.0 isn't as good as 1.0. One of the things that I notice since I have a daughter is how one-sided the 2.0 sets are. Toy Story, Cars, the Incredibles, Monsters U, they were all very gender neutral. But once everything was Marvel only, my daughter's interest dropped significantly.

That's why I'm worried about all the talk of 3.0 being Star Wars. The fan in me would love Star Wars, but as a dad, I really hope it's not only Star Wars. If they do two years in a row where they cut out the girls playing this game, it's going to hurt them.

rank_0
vongruetz
PSN ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:47 pm

I thought this would be the case with my niece too but she loves swinging about the city as spiderman or flying about as iron man (granted she loves Tinkerbell and maleficent the best)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mukluk4 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:16 pm

I understand that this is a fanboy forum, but all I see is excuses.

PS4 is only a year old...Really? There are far more graphic intensive games that run smoother than this. The limitation they put on toybox sizes

Lack of playsets - Look DI developers, if you want to compete with Skylanders, you need to add content. Disney themed characters are only going to get you so far.

Only a year to develop? Skylanders runs on the annual cycle and it's far more polished than what was delivered in 2.0

rank_100
Mukluk4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys