Tron characters are currently digital iOS and PC exclusives

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Tron characters are currently digital iOS and PC exclusi

Postby Infinityfan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:21 pm

@Doc Jump, tbh there aren't many franchises without Sky and terrain power discs that are popular enough to get a game disc. I think you could be right about the snowy mountains for my land game disc!

@megadrive2, I'm also getting really excited for the announcement of 3.0! I don't think it'll be long after Loki and Falcon come out, probably around the same time as last year! Mid April to early May. :P

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Doc Jump » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:28 pm

The thing is, besides Mulan, I don't really know who else on the list is a hugely popular Disney original with enough stuff for a Toy Box game.

Olaf? The Frozen discs kind of have him covered. Maybe Cinderella? I doubt they'd package TWO girls. So it's a boy who's popular.. maybe Wall-E? I use boy loosely.

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby 80sDuckFan » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:08 am

There's a lot of people on these forums who think inside the box. Mulan has various different settings. In addition to the stuff we got in 2.0 and the snowy mountains mentioned here, there is also the Imperial City as well as the Great Wall of China.

There are some people here saying the same thing about Frozen can't be a playset. Fortunately, the folks at Avalanche are paid to think outside the box. Creative artists, writers, and designers are hired for a reason. ;)

All in all, I hope 3.0 delivers in more Disney Original content and more importantly, includes the Tron characters as real physical toys. :)

rank_250
80sDuckFan
Main Console: PS4

Postby Cellsai » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:24 am

I love the "Frozen can't be a playset" mentality. It's set in Norway! That place is *dripping* with interesting lore. Just pluck any random myth or fairytail out of a book and spin the Frozen theme over it and you're golden.

rank_250
Cellsai

Postby digeek1955 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:20 am

Frozen is pretty great....Norway always reminds me of the ride at epcot Malestrom.
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MiniatureGeek » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:00 am

Frozen could be as simple as creating a new villain who has their own elemental powers, with fire being an obvious choice.

Mulan was a great action movie which easily translates into a toy box. The Hun, actual dragons not to mention so much other lore from China.

Peterman could have an awesome playset.

Up would be a fun one.

I think a general Disney playset that incorporated all different aspects similar to Kingdom Hearts but without Square if that is what is holding them back. Just imagine a new Disney Character created just for Infinity that finds some way to travel through different Disney worlds. Now imagine that you coming out as both a boy and girl version that had like 3 different preset skill tree options so that you could really have a figure that represented the player in their journey through Disney Infinity 3.0
MiniatureGeek formerly known as Nova Creep

rank_0_ftb
MiniatureGeek
Main Console: Xbox 360
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Cellsai » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:24 am

I don't think Disney want a character that represents the player that they will use for most of their games. They want the player to continuously buy lots of Disney figures and change them all the time.

But hey, remember Tron? Tron is cool.

rank_250
Cellsai

Postby Bill the Lizard » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:03 pm

Yeah guys this is the Rah Rah Tron thread. If you are going to discuss how a playset may or may not work it should be the Tron playset. Which would undoubtedly be the best playset ever. How didn't this happen already? WreckIR and Tron seem like such strong choices.

rank_50
Bill the Lizard

Postby Chewbacca » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:08 pm

I hope they choose to put actual figures out at some point. I get making a special paint exclusive, but 2 new character. I wonder who thought that would actually be a good idea. It doesn't seem like something they would do to the fans.
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys