toy box game discs worth it?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: toy box game discs worth it?

Postby vongruetz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:51 pm

Really depends on how much you really want to unlock ton the Stitch and Brave stuff for your toy box. I have all the game discs and have played through them all and I would say it's not worth $20, especially if you have the Marvel ones already.

rank_0
vongruetz
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Drguyks » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:26 am

I got the Marvel versions today. Anyone know if I can use Disney Original characters in them?

Update: apparently no; only in exploration/survival modes. Hmmm...Ronin looks pretty appealing right now.

rank_50
Drguyks
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Kara-El » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:27 am

Yeah me and my husband onus that out, we thought we got the defective hawk eye and groot drove us crazy

rank_0
Kara-El

Postby Sidewynnder » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:30 pm

I'm going to wait for another sale on the Toy Box starter (it was recently available for $35) and get two figures and the discs, instead of just getting the two discs for $20.

rank_0
Sidewynnder
PSN ID:

Postby Fritzy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 pm

Good idea.
32 Toy Boxes
1 Featured, 2 Honourable Mentions
Spotlight: Anger's Fire Jam

rank_250_ftb
Fritzy
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby jgonshor » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:46 am

That is exactly what I did @Sidewynnder. I figured that getting Merida, Stitch, the game discs, and another game disc and hardware were a much better purchase at $35.00 dollars. I can get one of my friends hooked by giving them my extra game disc, hardware, and a couple figures AND still have it be a better deal. Or I can trade it in and probably get another figure. The retail price on the game discs is too high compared to the sales prices that are regularly out there for the Toy Box Starter Pack.
-Jason

rank_0
jgonshor
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Cellsai » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:21 am

Just also a heads up on the value of the game disks: the Stitch/Asgard tower defense discs are completely identical except for the slightly different weapons and the design of the toybox pieces that make up the level. The layouts of the maps in the campaign are 100% identical.
I can't vouch for the Merida/Guardians dungeon crawler discs because I played them so far apart, but I'm assuming they are also identical.

Unless you reeeeally want to have every possible piece available to use in the Toybox (meaning with the Asgard disc you unlock Asgardian looking barriers and guns, but with Stitch you get beach themed stuff), there is no point in getting both discs.

Once you've cleared the first level of either disc's story mode you unlock a survival mode. You can only use characters from he disc's franchise in their story mode, but you can use any character from any company in the survival mode.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys