2.0 Power Discs - wish there was another package

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

2.0 Power Discs - wish there was another package

Postby semerien » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:08 pm

I have not been having the best of luck in purchasing these power disc packs and I am seriously considering not purchasing any more. So far I have bought 6 packs. I enjoy the Toy Box maker, and all I am really looking for is new terrains and skydomes. I have little to no interest in the vehicles/mounts and special weapons, as I can't place them for others to use in my toybox. Out of the 12 discs I have purchased so far, one was the Small World terrain and that is all I have got. I have only been buying the Originals 2.0 packs and I have currently got 2x Cursed Gold, Darkwing Ducks Ratcatcher and Grappling Gun (would be thrilled if I could place them in a Toy Box and they would save), 2 x Medusa's Swamp Vehicle, Mr. Toad's Car, Gus the Mule, Carousel Horse, Lew Zealand's Boomerang Fish and Aerial Area Rug.

I wish there was another packaging for Toy Box builders that would guarantee at least 1 terrain/skydome in a pack. Because I am frankly tired of opening the pack to find another mount I don't want. Anyone else having my luck with these things?

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Re: 2.0 Power Discs - wish there was another package

Postby Hopeless » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:23 pm

I've been a mite luckier managing to get 3 terrain and 3 skydome discs do you have a Game store near you as i've been able to pick up a couple of discs in their secondhand power disc and figure collection?

Picked up Lola and Ghost Rider's Chain that way, have to admit it feels the skydome and terrain discs are rarer than the rare power discs already have 2 Yondu's and 2 Infinite Gauntlets the Teamup discs are however very useful!

rank_250
Hopeless
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:32 pm

I'd suggest just buying the discs you want off eBay then, you'll save money in the long run if you're not looking to collect them all.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BlackWidow » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:48 am

I did a combination of packs and eBay.

One nice thing about having such large pools in the random packs this time (twice as many in some cases as DI1), it's nice because you don't usually get too many doubles right off. But, on the other hand, it's more difficult if you want something in particular, or are just trying to get a complete set, because the chances are lower.

They key with finishing out on eBay is to know how to do so. If you just go there right now and search, likely you will see prices higher than you'd wish. Personally, $5-6 for a specific disc, considering how many you'd potentially have to open to get one, is the most I am willing to pay. So you just watch eBay for a day or two, and you'll notice that cheaper ones come up - they just usually sell out in a few hours, leaving the higher priced ones until someone does it again. There are enough folks selling right now that if you just keep an eye out for a day or two you'll find cheaper ones. It's obviously also best to buy from one person if you can, shipping is usually free (or very cheap) and I have found very fast, since Power Discs are so light they come very quickly by first class mail.

Another option is some of the various album packs coming out right now, which each have 5 discs included, depending on the vendor exclusive they are - the Marvel one (though seemingly difficult to find) has two sets of textures and skies (both Guardians of the Galaxy) and the TRU and Target ones both have some sets, I believe Target has Lion King and TRU has IASW?

I know some folks dislike the eBay idea, but in truth I've dealt with several nice sellers who are selling for what I consider a decent price, and any way you cut it - if there is something specific you want, or you are trying to build a full set, you will spend far more buying blind packs.

rank_100
BlackWidow
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Elmo STM » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:11 am

I love eBay, I use it to buy multiple discs and sell some if I have it already and buy more, never spend more than £1 for any disc I need except rares so $5 dollars is a lot imo

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:21 am

You could just put the packs on the portal then return them if they are duplicates...

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby g2red89 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:32 pm

That's what I plan on doing as I did it a lot back with 1.0 but it is a hassle. Toys r us had a buy one get one free and I must have been in and out of that store every day until I finally got the discs that were at least one that I want. GameStop has a buy one get one free now. I might try that then look to Amazon and eBay for the rest. I'm really only interested in the Disney original terrains and skies.

rank_100
g2red89

Postby JaysUsername » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:12 am

I'm sorry, I don't understand how taking packs home and scanning them is acceptable. As someone starting out, I can see how the rares will be tricky to find so I'm not sure how, having someone else cheating and cherry picking the rares off the shelf is fair at all.

Its like scanning the barcode on all the scratch tickets at a corner store and then only buying the winners. If there is in fact higher rarity discs then we could be talking only one or two per case and in some stores with lower turn over once they are gone there could be little chance for a new case for some time. It's cheating the system plain and simple and the high cost of disc packs and the likelyhood of doubles is not a justification. I know sheriff just shut down another thread about opening packs, to me this is just another shade of the same offense.

Sorry to rant but I've seen it discussed previously and again, as someone new to the power discs, the thought of someone picking the good stuff and returning the common stuff for me to buy is discouraging to say the least.

rank_100_ftb
JaysUsername
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby g2red89 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:14 am

To each his own. If you do the same then you won't be getting the scraps but what you eventually want. It's a flawed concept but one that can cost you a lot of money. Those $5 add up so I'm all for shortcuts.

rank_100
g2red89

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys