Disney Infinity 2.0 Update is Here! WITH PROBLEMS !!!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 Update is Here! WITH PROBLEMS !!!

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:36 pm

@matt wait for 3.0 lmao oj if you don't use online then I'd avoid the patch if you make massive boxes until the new one is out if possible. But that means you can't download the community boxes either.

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby fdanielix » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Also, while I was making my now finished pick a disk entry toybox, I was incredibly annoyed to notice that once I returned to my toybox after saving, a piece that was close to the horizontal limits (of the map) pushed back, overlapping anything in it's way.
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BlackWidow » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:10 am

The patch pretty much destroyed the game for some of us, particularly on Wii U - I cannot even access my game on that platform anymore, but the patch affected every version somewhat negatively. Personally, the few visible fixes were not worth all the pain that came along with it (I'm crashing on all platforms like I never did before - I never had an XBOX 360/ONE crash but boy, do I now).

If you have a choice, I'd avoid it like the plague - problem is, some of us don't have that choice (unless you completely wipe your system to factory settings) - but if you can, I envy you, and suggest you stay at the install version if possible. I can name about 3 things that were fixed that mattered to me/was noticeable during my gameplay, but I can name another 10 that weren't - and a small handful of "brand new" bugs, including the one which actually ended up breaking the Wii U version. And the stuff that was fixed was stuff that should never have made it out to begin with (no one noticed the Interior save bug? I noticed it the first time I shared a box of my own with myself, didn't even need to share with another person to trigger it).

It's an unfortunate situation, the priority clearly is in promoting figures and power discs vs. the game itself - they really need to take some action to prevent this cycle continuing. If a feature doesn't work, it shouldn't be included in the game - if you can fix it and patch it later, great, add it in, but if it doesn't work - don't stick it in the Toy Box until it does. And while I am sure everyone on the game works as hard as they personally can, I think the true issue is just that there are not enough folks working on it. I recently had a shocking conversation with an "insider" and from what I understand, they aren't even aware of some of the deeper, systemic, progressive bugs - or that there are items in the game that simply do not function. It sounded to me like there is a lot of "everything is fine, nothing more to see here" on a cultural level with DI which needs to change if it really wants to be taken seriously as a true creative gaming platform.

rank_100
BlackWidow

Postby matt9013 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:16 pm

Do I need PS+ to download toyboxes from the net? I don't have PS+ so playing offline is fine for me but do I need PS+ to download toyboxes from the net or is that free?

rank_0
matt9013
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:22 pm

@matt9013 You do not need PS+ to upload to disney, download from disney, or utilize cloud storage of you Toy Boxes. You only need + if you are going to play online with another player.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby matt9013 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:53 pm

@MightyGitis Thanks

rank_0
matt9013
PSN ID:

Postby jose.abalos » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:48 am

This might seem contrarian to the opinions of people who have given their suggestions as well, but I think not installing the patches is a terrible, terrible idea. It's true that there's stability issues and problems with other toys like the Scalable Barrier Blocks, but overall, the Toy Box from now, versus the one from the install version, is like night and day. Staying with the install version is NOT a good idea (and this is coming from someone who was working with the Toy Box since before the install version), since not only you cannot get the other improvements obtained with the patches, but you also have to deal with the other issues that have since been fixed, cannot use any online component and you'll have extra issues with your submissions for challenges, like the interior theme glitch.
The opinions posted here are my own, and not my employer's.

Mickey
jose.abalos
Main Console: PS3

Postby BlackWidow » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:45 am

@jose

While I respect your opinion, a relatively stable game with a few noticeable bugs vs. what it is now is what is night and day, to me.

The only changes that improved my gameplay were the camera bug was fixed (becoming visible when not in wand mode) and the INterior bug (which I still can't believe made it to production to begin with). Post-patch? My Wii U version is completely unplayable, I cannot even load it because it ended up corrupting my save file somehow after a couple of days of struggling with all the new issues the patch brought. My XBOX 360 version which had never crashed before, now crashes quite often. Most of the other issues with completely non-working toys (like the area light) or buggy (counters, etc.) were not fixed. For a "big patch" it did little good, and more harm.

Because of the online issue, yes, unfortunately, it is very difficult to not patch your game. There is no good solution to this mess, I'll grant you. Well, except for Avalanche to commit the funds to finishing the game and making it stable, which as we all know won't happen because they are too busy on 3.0 and selling more figures and more power discs to Star Wars fans, many of whom they know will just buy up all the figures and not even touch the game.

Although I hope history won't repeat itself - again, from what I have heard lately, the management of the game isn't even aware of how deep some of the progressive issues go. They've been told from lower in the chain that "oh, everything is fine" when it clearly isn't. It seems like too many folks have told them what they want to hear, not what needed to be said.

rank_100
BlackWidow

Postby jose.abalos » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:41 am

The opinions posted here are my own, and not my employer's.

Mickey
jose.abalos
Main Console: PS3

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys