Disney Infinity 2.0 Update is Here! WITH PROBLEMS !!!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 Update is Here! WITH PROBLEMS !!!

Postby Vasuri83 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Ooh. I hope replayers are included in the patch...
35 Featured Toy Boxes
Most Recent: "Pod Prowling"

rank_250_ftb_10
Vasuri83
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Postby semerien » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:01 pm

Unfortunately, I think Jose already stated that the only thing they are fixing in this patch is the Scaleable Barrier Blocks.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Disney ID:

Postby jose.abalos » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:58 pm

^ Not really. There will be some other fixes, like bugs in the Introduction to the Toy Box, but the focus is in the Barrier Blocks. I don't know about the Track Barriers, too. :/
The opinions posted here are my own, and not my employer's.

Mickey
jose.abalos
Main Console: PS3

Postby Vasuri83 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:59 pm

@semerien that's too bad. I miss replayers that work :(
35 Featured Toy Boxes
Most Recent: "Pod Prowling"

rank_250_ftb_10
Vasuri83
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:08 pm

@José I hope it fixes the issues caused with the last patch and keeps the toy box in current gen bigger than last gen :)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby DaddyGeek » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:44 pm

Ugh...I wish I had good news concerning this patch, but sadly it has rendered the game almost unplayable for me. Here's what I've run into...

PS4
First I had trouble even accessing my saves. It took an incredibly long time to bring up my saved toy boxes. In fact, it took ten minutes to finally bring up my list of saves. Then two of the toy boxes I've been working on are broken. One of them, my star wars themed one, has a huge chunk of the death star missing. It was all made out of individual blocks, and I would say about 30% of those blocks have just disappeared. My other toy box has broken toy box doors. One door lost all of it's properties, meaning it now leads to nowhere. So the toy box I had connected to it is gone. Speaking of toy box doors, any new toy box doors I place down won't hold their properties. I can place a toy box door down and link it, travel to the new level and edit it, then back. However if I save, leave and come back it no longer works. I get the "Assign properties to this door" message. The same happens if I have more than one door in my toy box. I can place a door, assign the properties, enter the door and edit the world, and come back. It will continue to work until I add another door. Then when I enter the new door and return to the toy box, that first door looses all it's properties, including the level it was connected to. I can fix that door, but then the other door then breaks. So on, and so on.

Here is a video with an example...

Like most of you, I've had levels in the works awaiting this patch. However it's only made things worse, allot worse. I love this game, but I have no choice but to take a break for awhile.

rank_100_ftb
DaddyGeek
PSN ID:

Postby matt9013 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Haven't read this whole thread yet but I'll be getting this game on the PS4 on the 24th. So from what I understand, I should not update the game yet correct? Or is a fix supposed to arrive by the 24th?

rank_0
matt9013
PSN ID:

Postby XShadow246 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:35 pm

@DaddyGeek - Hey, I watched your video. Have you tried testing the doors with a new save instead of overwriting the existing one? I stopped overwriting saves as I notice strange things happen which doesn't happen when I do new saves each time. I'm also having problems saving to the cloud or accessing my cloud saves now as well for some reason on pc and xbox one version. Local saves to my console work fine. This was working fine a day or two ago after the patch.

rank_100_ftb
XShadow246
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby jose.abalos » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:20 pm

I've also noticed that some Toy Boxes that are connected by doors don't appear in the level itself, but if you see the levels from the main menu, they're right there. Try reloading the map as well.

As for matt9013:
There's issues with some particular toys, like the Scalable Barrier Blocks (this particular one is fixed in the upcoming patch) and the doors, but there's also a TON of fixes with toys like the Proposal Text and Target Cameras. There's really no reason not to update to the latest patch. Besides, you need to update to the latest version to play online multiplayer and such.
The opinions posted here are my own, and not my employer's.

Mickey
jose.abalos
Main Console: PS3

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys