Disney Infinity 2.0 Update is Here! WITH PROBLEMS !!!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 Update is Here! WITH PROBLEMS !!!

Postby Vasuri83 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:42 am

@fdanielix you can use the vehicle generator and connect it to a locator if you want vehicles in a certain place.
35 Featured Toy Boxes
Most Recent: "Pod Prowling"

rank_250_ftb_10
Vasuri83
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Postby fdanielix » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:47 am

^ Not exactly how I would like it, but it seems it's the best option.

Found another glitch with the target camera. keeps looking at player indefinitely even if it's connected to locator
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby jose.abalos » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:42 am

Make sure that in the properties of the camera the target is the Connected Locator. Otherwise, it will focus on player 1 by default.
The opinions posted here are my own, and not my employer's.

Mickey
jose.abalos
Main Console: PS3

Postby JaysUsername » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:52 am

Black Widow, in regards to your super ambitious level you were talking about...sounds great. I'm wondering if maybe the band-aid solution for an adventure of that scope might be to serialize it. So, build your world top to bottom then save.

Then build a first 'chapter' of your game adding whichever cutscenes/challenges etc you need. Basically just build the first 20-30 minutes of gameplay. Then save as chapter 1. Then either continue building on that on with the next 20-30 minutes worth and save as chapter 2.

Or, better yet if the progress takes you away from the first part and the player will not visit the previous challenges then I would say load up the empty world and build the next 20-30 minutes of gameplay and save as chapter 2. Rinse and repeat.

Maybe not ideal but you now have the ability to release it in serial form each week as you complete it, or link it with doors/trigger areas to load the next section.

Worst case is one section breaks and you have all others safe and only have to rebuild the logic in one.

rank_100_ftb
JaysUsername
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vasuri83 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:35 pm

@jaysusername I think your idea of chapters is a really good one. In an "open world" game it may be difficult to do something like that, but in all honesty most people are not going to ever get through a game that has 4 hours of gameplay and no way to save progress. I have a huge game in the works, but I realized this and am cutting it down. Your idea for chapters may work, however even though it is open world.
35 Featured Toy Boxes
Most Recent: "Pod Prowling"

rank_250_ftb_10
Vasuri83
Disney ID:

Disney Infinity 2.0 Update is Here! WITH PROBLEMS !!!

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:53 pm

@rogpalmeruk I wanted to let you know that @xshadow246 has uploaded a fixed version of the coaster that should be available soon. The patch broke the box.

@fdanielix You need to go into the Target camera's properties and change it's settings to set it to stationary and focus on the locator. They are set default to follow the player.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:51 pm

Do the "reuploaded" versions replace the developers pick?

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:55 pm

@rogpalmeruk They've replaced them in dev picks before. It seems if they notice it's a duplicate they do take down the old version and replace it with a new one.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JaysUsername » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:55 pm

Vasuri, glad you like the chapters idea. I agree open world makes it much trickier but keep Grand Theft Auto's island approach back in the earlier days...you could have each section separated by a bridge with a trigger area.

So, you would have a main save with all of the terrain. Then, let's say you have three sections/islands. As you enter section 1 you cross a trigger area which will load the same map but with just section 1's creativitoys on the map. Then cross bridge (or tunnel) 2 and it loads a different save with just section 2's creativitoys. Crossing back over would obviously load back the previous.

Hope that all makes sense.

Finally, I really hope you don't scale back your plans...I think we need some playset sized toyboxes...obviously saves are the issue so breaking them up seems like a good alternative.

rank_100_ftb
JaysUsername
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys