Disney Infinity 2.0 Update is Here! WITH PROBLEMS !!!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Challenge Maker and Text still not working

Postby semerien » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:30 pm

I'm not attaching text from a Challenge Maker. There was an issue before the patch that occasionally when you started a challenge from a challenge maker, any text you tried to display during the challenge would not show up until the challenge was completed. I just had that happen, post-patch.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 Update is Here! WITH PROBLEMS !!!

Postby JaysUsername » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Once again, well said Blackwidow. I wonder, would we all prefer to 'live with 2.0' as it and get 3.0 in September or have 2.0 further updated and supported and wait an extra 6-8 months.

For me, because of the potential depth of 2.0 (future playsets or not) I'd be happy with 2.0 being supported and waiting on 3.0. Heck, with what they've created in 2.0, having another full game seems absurd a year later. There is just so much to be pulled out of 2.0's engine (assuming it was cleaned up more). It would make far more sense just to have a huge 2.5 downloadable update (sorry 8 people without internet) in September/October that enables Star Wars content. Think about it, Avalanche could continue to patch and update the core system making it the strongest it can be. Then the secondary teams could continue to build additional playsets and toybox toys to be added as needed (I'm looking at you Age of Ultron!)

Back to the point/TL;DR, with the power and potential of 2.0 and its toybox, rushing into 3.0 while 2.0 is still getting on its feet seems absurd. Let Avalanche continue to polish this game and let Star Wars be a 2.5 update instead.

rank_100_ftb
JaysUsername
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:18 pm

I still think we will have a yearly update disc for now, the urge of all those starter pack sales and new figures are a must... i'd love more updates like DLC update, but I think the "tron" characters are part of the test to see how people respond to it... i think Disney just need to get more teams from the divisions into making more playsets etc, 3 wasn't enough and a wasted opportunity,

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Share Ownership Not Working After Patch?

Postby Cmdr Xym » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:08 am

Not sure if anyone else has run into this but...

My wife just got a new Maleficent figure. She used it tonight for the first time and got it up to level 4 before quitting. Then I signed into my profile and used the figure. I chose "Share Ownership"...it unlocked the portrait and the townperson as it should have...but then showed the figure at level 4, even though I never used her before. I even took Maleficent to the H0H and unlocked her statue...again, I had done nothing else with her. Basically, it looks like the Share Ownership doesn't work.

This is the opposite problem I was having with figures prior to the Epic Fail Patch.

rank_50
Cmdr Xym
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby jose.abalos » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Hey everyone, super quick update with the patch:

As of yesterday, it was going through QA in Glendale. As soon as we're done with that, it will go through the certification process with all the console manufacturers.
I can't give an exact ETA, but it should be between the end of the year and early 2015.

Thanks again for your patience, everyone! :)
The opinions posted here are my own, and not my employer's.

Mickey
jose.abalos
Main Console: PS3

Postby Vasuri83 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:11 pm

Yay! Thanks for the update @Jose. I'm so glad they're working on another patch! Fingers crossed this one goes as planned :)
35 Featured Toy Boxes
Most Recent: "Pod Prowling"

rank_250_ftb_10
Vasuri83
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:42 pm

^ this is just to fix the barrier box issue correct?

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby jose.abalos » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:12 pm

There will be some other small fixes. I don't know the whole extent of them, but this will be a small patch, and the focus is definitely on the Scalable Barrier Block issue.
The opinions posted here are my own, and not my employer's.

Mickey
jose.abalos
Main Console: PS3

Postby CCRunner524 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Are the track barriers considered part of this issue?

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys