New Infinity Survey: Future Character Hints?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: New Infinity Survey: Future Character Hints?

Postby Tilarta » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Normally it is a policy of mine not to discuss Disney content, but given what I just learned about Violetta, I'm more then a little concerned.

Disclaimer:
These are not my personal opinions of the show, as I have never seen it at all.

To find out what the general viewing public thought of Violetta's show, I checked a review website to find out how it was being received.
Not counting the person using multiple accounts/posts to say how "good" the show was, the opinions were pretty universal in their response.

1. Low quality.
2. Uninteresting storyline.
3. Waste of money.
4. Disney is wasting more money trying to make this show a big hit through promotions etc.

Which is why I'm surprised a character from this show was even up for consideration on this list, given what the viewers have said.
You can't make something popular, it either is or it isn't.
If it fails to win over fans, shut it down and move onto your next project.

The basic idea is intriguing though, I don't think I've ever seen a live action Disney tv series character translated to this game.
But I'm not very knowledgable in the area of Disney live action shows, so I don't know what character they could introduce that would be suitable for DI.

Have they done any live action shows that had characters with combat training or superpowers?
All I can recall is sitcoms.

rank_250
Tilarta
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Vidia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:39 pm

^ There was Wizards of Waverly Place, which was, predictably enough, about wizards.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby Skellington0327 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:37 pm

There's Kickin' It (karate) and Lab Rats (bionic teens)
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Tilarta » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Lab Rats looks like it would be the best choice to start with live action implementation, since they have superpowers and it would be an easy adaption from existing game mechanics, well, almost.

Adam has superstrength and that's used by a majority of characters.
Bree has superspeed (Dash), invisibility (Violet), high jump (Hulk) and wallcrawling (Spiderman).
Chase might be a bit more complicated, as his powers aren't really pre-existing.
Neither do their secondary powers, so that might require a bit more work.
I read in an interview, if their powers are used by a pre-existing character, it decreases the working time until the figure can be made available.

Now I'm wondering why these three were not on the list.

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby megadrive2 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:18 pm

I doubt we will see a character like Violetta any time soon, she is likely just on the list to test for world wide character recognition. I also wouldn't discount the popularity of Walt era (up to Jungle Book) characters. They represents core Disney, they have worldwide appeal and are the films and cartoons that most parents of children that play the game grew up with. I certainly feel it is my responsibility to introduce my kids to Snow White, Bambi, Pinocchio, Dumbo etc. Walt era characters are the ones I'm most looking forward to in the future, hopefully something special will appear in 5.0 (2017 is the 80th Anniversary of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs).
Like other's mentioned, I also think a future version should address all the talking quadrupedal animal characters, Simba, Pongo, Perdy, Bambi, Dumbo, Oliver, Bolt etc need to be IGP's at some point for sure.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby fdanielix » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:26 am

If these will be anything like the cars character I definitely don't want any four-legged characters
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Cellsai » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:08 am

@megadrive2
Due to the Cars issue with DI, namely being it's really hard to make them compatible with the rest of the game, I don't think we're gonna see playable animal characters for a long time, if ever. What I do see them doing is adding them as companion discs that work like team ups except they're always active. Slap a Companion Disc on the base under your figure and Simba appears. He'll always walk along beside you and help attack things, but then vanish when you get into a flying vehicle or start going too fast.
Maybe even add in a mechanic where you can target something and tell the companion character to interact with it, giving you at least a teensy bit of control over them.

@Tilarta
Maleficent and Pirates are all Live Action based characters.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby Tilarta » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:40 am

I should rephrase my original statement then, I've never seen a live action character from a Disney show.
Which was the reason I overlooked those characters, I wasn't thinking of movies.

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Hopeless » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:20 am

So far barring the possibility of GOTG the figures have been all based on some form of animation.

In GOTG's case they haven't released their animated series yet which is a shame since I'd have liked to have seen a Hulk and the Agents of SMASH play set as that would have been an interesting addition especially as I'd like to see Spiderman and any figure that hasn't had a crossover introduction used instead of Iron Man...

Some of us aren't as keen on the Iron Man & Friends version used for the crossover characters in the 3 play sets its also a pity they couldn't do what Lego Marvel did and have Manhatten as a potential toybox for any character to be involved in using the Interiors to lead them to specific adventures like they did in Lego... anyway did Deadpool get that many votes?

Edit: Violetta is what? I assumed she was a character from some game or animated show, what was the name of the tomboy character from Gravity Falls?
The one the lead kid has a crush on?
Have to admit I haven't watched more than a handful of episodes of that series but I'd like to see a Play Set on that!
So seriously who is Violetta I keep getting that name mixed up with Bayonetta and I'm sure there's no way Disney could put her in Disney Infinity... :shock:

rank_250
Hopeless
Main Console: Xbox 360

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys