Future kinds of power discs?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Future kinds of power discs?

Postby Watusimanu » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:20 am

Wow. There really should be a way to make custom power discs like that! Good job!
I'm 12 yrs old and happy to be working with you guys!

rank_500_ftb
Watusimanu
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Mr. Infinity » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:10 am

I love the idea of pets, but I'd prefer to see them as figures rather than discs. Maybe a slightly smaller scale figure that stands on the second circular base spot, with their own skill tree and colors of sparks for experience and special attack. Give some the possibility of being mounts, with others the possibility of mounting your character (riding along on your shoulder/back). This would give figures who may not ever earn their own playable figure a chance at standing side by side with the actual figures and a use for the second base spot for those that primarily play single player. Some examples would be:

Mountable Pets:
Pluto
Llama Kuzco
Pumbaa
Sher Khan

Ride Along Pets:
Huey, Dewey and Louie
Chip 'n' Dale
Gurgi
Mushu

I'd also like to see Crossover Costume discs, by which I mean alternate costume discs that give a character the look/costume of a similar character. Being that character models wouldn't always match, I'd just like alternate character outfits inspired by those who may never see their own figures for existing characters. Some examples would be:

A U.S. Agent or Taskmaster costume for Captain America
A Quicksilver costume for Dash
A Medusa (Inhumans) costume for Rapunzel
Scrooge McDuck and/or Darkwing Duck costume for Donald Duck (Although I really hope they each get their own figure.)
A Herbie inspired paintjob for Lightning McQueen

Lastly, I'd like to see some round discs for classic weapons. This would make them accessible in campaigns and let them override hex discs in the toy box. I would like these to be similar to the Excalibur and Lightsaber packs, complete with their own combos and effects; with some being melee specific, conceding to a character's default ranged attack, and some ranged conceding to their melee. Some examples would be:

Melee:
The Vorpal Sword
An actual Infinity Gauntlet glove
King Triton's Trident
Jafar's Staff
The Dark One's Dagger

Ranged:
The Black Cauldron
Ezra's Slingshot
The Pacifier
Zeus' Lightning Bolts
An Identity Disc
Captain America's Shield (Especially for Falcon)
Mr. Infinity
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MonkeyDLenny » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:13 am

Shere Kahn would never let anyone ride him. I think Rajah would be better suited for that

rank_250
MonkeyDLenny
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Watusimanu » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:55 pm

I wish they had these packs:

A Blustery Day (Sky)
Hundred Acre Wood(Terrain)

The Northern Lights(Sky)
Alaskan Earth(Terrain)
I'm 12 yrs old and happy to be working with you guys!

rank_500_ftb
Watusimanu
XBL ID:

Postby Infinity Guru » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:04 pm

I really love cavemanviking64's idea of having a 'playlist' power disc!

Placing it down on the base (hex disc) you would unlock new songs in the radio disney music player.. I think just unlocking one song would be a waste, so why not unlock 2-3 per disc?

Some ideas:
STAR WARS playlist disc (Theme, Imperial March)
FANTASIA playlist disc
UP playlist disc
Toy Story playlist disc
(Don't forgot this could also include some Disney Infinity songs made by the game)

Since we already have orange discs with a ball on it , and purple discs with paintbrushes on it, this could be yellow or green with a music note on it? It would be a new category for power discs, like team up discs in 2.0.

I made up some versions of what they could look like (keep in mind I'm in no way a graphics designer):
8 Featured Toy Boxes. Toy Box Summit 2015 Attendee.

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby cavemanviking64 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:11 am

wow, I really appreciate how far you took my ideas!
phineas and ferb rule!!!

rank_50
cavemanviking64
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby GuyCC75 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:03 pm

I would lose it for a Spider-Ham costume disc.

I would like to see more "charge up" ability discs like the Infinity Gauntlet.

Perhaps INterior discs texture discs as well? Haunted Mansion decor all the way.

Or "Boss Battle" discs. Face against heavy hitters such as Galactus, Thanos, Genie Jafar, Horned King, or Chernobog. Sometimes, fighting the standard enemies just isn't enough for when you want to beat up a lot of things.

rank_250
GuyCC75
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Mr. Infinity » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:23 pm

GuyCC75 said, "Or "Boss Battle" discs. Face against heavy hitters such as Galactus, Thanos, Genie Jafar, Horned King, or Chernobog. Sometimes, fighting the standard enemies just isn't enough for when you want to beat up a lot of things."

THIS. I need something more in terms of post-campaign, high level combat. Survival mode is great, but it's the same minor grind as I can create in Toy Box Mode. Maybe themed combat rounds, with 3 small enemies, 6 mediums, 9 large and then a famous boss. Replayable for time challenges, sparks and using higher level combos.

On a side note, I'm really hoping they can incorporate bosses into community toy boxes. Something along the lines of a Halloween themed neighborhood where you knock on doors and will either get a trick or a treat, the tricks being themed boss fights, i.e. The Headless Horseman, Oogie Boogie and Jack O'Lantern, etc., and the treats being themed items, i.e. a Haunted Mansion SkyDome, a Mickey pumpkin plant, Ghost Rider's motor cycle.
'
Mr. Infinity
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Samurai » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:42 pm

I think you will see "force power" disks.

rank_50
Samurai
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys