Future kinds of power discs?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Future kinds of power discs?

Postby Doc Jump » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:30 pm

So in DI2 we saw the introduction of new kinds of power discs:

Flying Cars/Motorcycles
Glider Packs
Costumes
Events
Team-Ups

What kind of new power discs would you like to see in the future of Disney Infinity?

One that I thought of was a kind of "Pet" system: for the smaller, less combat-oriented Disney characters that aren't strong enough to be a team up but still not important enough to be their own figure entirely.

Some characters like this could be Abu from Aladdin, Pascall from Tangled, Mushu from Mulan: basically smaller "mascot" companions that would follow your character around when the disc is placed, but wouldn't disappear. They could grant some effects, and contribute funny voice lines, but probably wouldn't have an effect on combat.

Thoughts, predictions and/or suggestions?

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Re: Future kinds of power discs?

Postby Guinydyl » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Cool idea!

I think there should be some-sort of power disc (circular) where , like event discs, something happens to the player or enemy. Maybe one that you target. Say: you have the infinity gauntlet but your friend is low on health and your bar-thing is full. You target your friend and then press 'up' and they get the buff.
3.0 is awesome!!

rank_250
Guinydyl
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vidia » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Frankly I want less power discs, not more. I gave up on them at the point that I realised it would cost roughly £160 to get all of the 2.0 ones, and that's if I somehow miraculously didn't get a single duplicate. That's about the same price it's costing me to go to Disneyland Paris for five days with a friend in January!

Admittedly I probably wouldn't care quite as much if all of the power discs were of high quality, but the Dr Strange cloak that was in the one pack of 2.0 discs that I purchased just left a horrible taste in my mouth.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby MonkeyDLenny » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:22 pm

@Vidia I kind of know what you mean about the Dr. Strange cloak. I was expecting it to grant free flight instead of just another glider.

As for other kind of power discs, I actually had the same idea for the 'pet' system.

I'd love to see some Team-Ups with original Disney characters. Maybe replacing some of the characters who didn't make it like Ferb or Zurg

rank_250
MonkeyDLenny
PSN ID:

Postby PixarToonie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:45 pm

The little mascot team-up idea is great! It would be cool to have them on yoru shoulder or them following you instead of having to wait for it to circle around and activating the discs. But, I'm agreeing with Vidia, too much money for small effects.
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby MonkeyDLenny » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:54 pm

I did have an idea for an Event disc I called 'Dipper's Zombie Uprising'

Disc has the Journal 3 book on it, and when charged a voice clip of Dipper reading the zombie spell is heard and skeletons rise up and attack before vanishing. Kind of like Chernabogs minus the aura around you

rank_250
MonkeyDLenny
PSN ID:

Postby Conscience1940 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:31 pm

This sounding alot like a Skylanders sidekicks discussion.

If so:

Chip and Dale
Jiminy Cricket
Dumbo's Mouse

I still wish they would have had a disc where Donald changed into Howard The Duck!

rank_50
Conscience1940

Postby Skellington0327 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 pm

I don't think they'll ever have Donald change into Howard. Disney was so upset that Howard looked like Donald in the first place.

I don't really care for the power discs, I really just like the sky and terrain ones and the discs that involve my favourite characters, like Jack's Sandy Claws costume and reindeer. If they were to do sidekicks then I'd definitely be more into the power discs.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MonkeyDLenny » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:50 pm

Might as well put in my own ideas for sidekicks:

Timon & Pumbaa
Mushu
Pluto
Abu
Iago
Olaf
Wall-E (if he's not playable on his own in the future)

And to not leave out Marvel:

Spider-Ham
Howard
Throg
H.E.R.B.I.E (That reminds me, why haven't we gotten Herbie as a car yet?)

And finally for the inevitable Star Wars:

R2D2
C3PO
C1-10P (AKA Chopper)

rank_250
MonkeyDLenny
PSN ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys