Disney Infinity Quorra, Sam Flynn and Tron Discs confirmed

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity Quorra, Sam Flynn and Tron Discs confirm

Postby Cellsai » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:52 am

Thwarts the leakers? The Tron stuff was in the game and most of it was viewable in the Hall of Heroes without any shenanigans. You should probably be hoping it thwarts Avalanche pushing the wrong button when they update next time.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby 80sDuckFan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Perhaps I may have phrased it wrong. What I meant was that there was so much information that leaked out early, whether through unofficial sources or through employee error, that we've had very few real surprises like Jasmine and some of the Power Discs. I know that JV hasn't been happy about all that info getting out early. I'm just hoping we get one last surprise, straight from the developers, that we did not see coming. And I think that actual internet DLC would be the perfect opportunity for that.

"Thwarts the leakers" may have not been the right term to use and I'm sorry for that. :(

rank_250
80sDuckFan
Main Console: PS4

Postby Tilarta » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:55 pm

Does anyone know a release date for these two yet?

Like others here, I am concerned that his face is permanently hidden, they may as well have marketed "faceless Tron figure who we are calling Sam".
I don't want him to keep spamming the lightcycle as an attack, especially as it's a vehicle.
Hopefully it's an optional attack and I can disable it just by not going down that route in his skill tree.
But realistically, he'll probably be one of my "inactive figures", these are the ones that disappoint me for one reason or another and I just put them on a shelf never to be used again.

I was concerned that Quorra is using a weapon I'd never really seen to websling, but if it's in the movie, then it's okay to do so.
I hope I can control when the cable is used though, I don't like it when the game inserts a ranged weapon attack during your melee weapon combo.
I want her fighting to be like Spiderman, where he fistpunches, but you use another button to use his weblines as a ranged attack.

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby caitlindevi » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:38 pm

Sams helmet with Mask is in the movie, ITs a transparent face shield with his mouth and chin peaking out. In the DI model its the same except the dome isn't transparent but his mouth and chin are visible. Its no different to Ironman always having the helmet on.

Quorra does actually have a websling thing in the movie too. Its only used once when shes getting past Clu to defend Sam at the portal, She also has a sword in the film a bit like a lightsaber.
I'm really hoping the Clu modelis a sign hes going to be a figure as while is looks like hes a costume disc figure its not a really thing that makes sence.

rank_0
caitlindevi
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Tilarta » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:49 am

I checked the movie, the only time he wears a helmet is on a lightcycle or in the battle arena, the rest of the time he doesn't.
So it's still abnormal that his figure has the helmet.

And yes, it is different, we know why Iron Man always wears the helmet, because it's where the display interfaces and neural scanning field is.
Sam's helmet is just something to keep his head intact.

Additionally, Quorra initially wears a helmet the first time we see her, but does her figure come with one?

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby OpossumGuy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:40 am

It may come down to likeness issues. Maybe Olivia Wilde was okay with it, but Garrett Hedlund wasn't?
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

Postby 80sDuckFan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:54 am

^This is true. But usually there are work around ways in designing look-alike characters. Tron in Uprising looks like Bruce Boxleitner, but still looks unique. Maybe they might have just felt that Sam would look cooler with his helmet.

That being said, I think Olivia Wilde gave permission to use her likeness in Tron: Uprising. I think she may have even provided the voice as well.

rank_250
80sDuckFan

Postby Skellington0327 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:10 pm

Olivia did provide the voice of Quorra in Tron: Uprising. I think they just wanted to have one of the figures wear a helmet because it's Tron figures and one of them should have a helmet.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby OpossumGuy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:58 pm

That also makes sense too, haha. I'm not complaining though. The helmets are neat. :D
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys