Disney Infinity Quorra, Sam Flynn and Tron Discs confirmed

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity Quorra, Sam Flynn and Tron Discs confirm

Postby Doc Jump » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:07 pm

I wish someone could post pictures of the CLU file offsite, I haven't seen it yet.

Does he actually look like Jeff Bridges?

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby 80sDuckFan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:53 am

Of the three Tron Legacy characters mentioned in this thread, it would make more sense for CLU to have helmet rather than Sam Flynn. Especially since Clu wears the helmet on screen more than Sam.

But either way, more Tron stuff makes me happy. :)

rank_250
80sDuckFan
Main Console: PS4

Postby caitlindevi » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:47 am

Clu is wearing the helmet but Hes basically exactly the same as Sam. The forearm plates are slightly bigger and he has an additional chest panel

I think, Now I've compared the models in zbrush that Clu is actually an alternative costume disc for Sam

rank_0
caitlindevi
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby 80sDuckFan » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:22 am

Caitlindevi, I really hope that's not the case. Clu is not Sam, Sam is not Clu. I'd rather have a Clu figure or no Clu at all. If Avalanche pulls this, what's next? A costume disc that turns Mickey into Ursula?

I'm already putting up with Marvel, Star Wars, and Muppets; I don't want to be shortchanged on Disney content again.

rank_250
80sDuckFan

Postby OpossumGuy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:32 pm

I just find it odd how you included the Muppets in that. After all, Disney has technically owned them two years longer than they've owned Pixar. :P Haha

But yeah, I doubt they'd do the whole "costume disc that changes the character" type of thing when Disney is basically all character-driven.
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

Postby 80sDuckFan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:46 am

OpossumGuy, I'll try to be brief to the point as this venturing into off-topic.

The Muppets were, and always will be, a Jim Henson creation in my heart. Calling them Disney "originals" is an insult to Jim Henson's legacy. They spent decades completely separate from Disney and I will continue to view them that way. I realize that lot of people on this fan board will disagree and that's fine. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. :)

As far as Pixar is concerned, every single Pixar feature length film was owned either 100% by Disney (Toy Story, A Bug's Life) or split 50/50 (Finding Nemo, The Incredibles). In fact, had Pixar signed with either Universal, Dreamworks, or any other studio they were flirting with during the mid 2000s, Pixar would have had to leave all their previous IPs behind and focus on creating new brands to own 100% on their own. Pixar was an indie studio that, through smart contract talks and negotiation, managed to create a strong mainstream identity of their own. But make no mistake, with the exception of their short films and tv commercial works, Pixar was Disney and their decision to merge only finalized it.

Forum mods, I apologize for going off topic. SHERIFF EDIT: i guess on this occasion you can be forgiven ;)

Back on topic, I really hope Disney keeps that mentality with Disney Infinity concerning the costume discs. Whenever I see people suggesting a Howard the Duck or Darkwing Duck costume disc for Donald Duck, I cringe a little. That's why I'm hoping that in Clu's case, that he's just suffered a similar fate as Ferb and Doofenschmirtz had in DI 1.0.

rank_250
80sDuckFan

Postby caitlindevi » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:49 am

The only reason I suggested it could be a costume disc is that the model are so close to each other its scary, very little marks them apart

rank_0
caitlindevi
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby ElvisRV » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:17 am

I just finished watching Tron: Uprising a few weeks ago and I am so pumped for these guys! I also wish the Light Cycle was in-game so some awesome Toy Boxes could be made. I can't wait for the announcement!!
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby 80sDuckFan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:12 am

I'm hoping there's a little extra "something", a tiny surprise that is truly DLC. We know of Sam, Quorra, and the power discs, but part of me hopes that they have something up their sleeves that thwarts the leakers. Even if it's something small like Tron Classic townspeople. That would be a neat surprise. :D

rank_250
80sDuckFan

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys