Disney Power Discs Today: Reviews & Ratios

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Disney Power Discs Today: Reviews & Ratios

Postby OFFICIALMichi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:28 pm

So I bought 16 packs today, and all from the same box. This is my haul:

Main Street Electrical Parade Float (Rare)
Mr. Toad's Motorcar
Le Maximum x4!!
Alice in Wonderland's Caterpillar x 2
Eglantine's Motorcycle
Darkwing Duck's Ratcatcher x3
Aerial Area Rug (Rare)
Jack SKellington's Reindeer (Rare)
Fantasyland Carousel Horse x 2
Gus the Mule x2
Darkwing Duck's Grappling Gun
Lew Zealand's Boomerang Fish x2
Mabel's Kittens for Fists

Neverland Textures
Simba's Pride Lands Textures
Cy-Bug Swam Skydome

Maleficant's Spell Cast x2
Cherabog's Spirit Cyclone x1
All for One Donald Costume x1
Sandy Claws Surprise Skellington Costume
Glory Days Mr Incredible Costume
Cursed Pirate Gold Sparrow Costume

I really was surprised at the lack of texture and skydomes I got. That's usually al I got with Marvel and 1.0 packs! Now, my mini-review, more opinion than anything, on these discs:

Main Street Electrical Parade Float - Cool, but very big. You sit at the front, and the X button makes fireworks come out. Cute.
Mr. Toad's Motorcar - I hate when the X button just makes you pop out and a spring follows you. Music was blah, nothing special.
Le Maximum - This car is tiny, and if you saw MWW, that's the joke. The joke on me was getting four of them. UGH! You crouch on the top and I really dislike this one, X makes your siren go off/turbo.
Alice in Wonderland's Caterpillar - The music becomes the 2.0 dumbing down of the Wonderland theme, and the X button makes smoke in the shape of vowels spew out the sides. Adorable!
Eglantine's Motorcycle - Another irritating spring/ejection X button item, but the constant fumes are amusing.
Darkwing Duck's Ratcatcher - I was not a fan until I pressed X and got the cartoony smoke attack that comes out the rear. This one's awesome, I just wish I played more 2p so someone could ride with me!

Jack SKellington's Reindeer - pretty adorable, and he shivers like a bady-patched together experiment, which of course is what he is.
Fantasyland Carousel Horse - I still don't know if this one is awesome or just bad, but its definitely unique! I think I would have liked it more if they just said it was the Mary Poppins horse. That's exactly how it rides, when they are on carousel horses just gently bobbing up and down. :) I thought it would be a vehicle, but its a mount.
Gus the Mule - I still don't know what this guy is from. Therefore I'm not amazed by him. He kicks though, so there's that.
Mabel's Kittens for Fists - WOW! Even if I wasn't a big GF fan, this one is awesome. There is NO reload time on the kitten fists, so you can just hold the button down and spam enemies. They're not that weak, and they latch onto baddies or bounce off of walls. You gotta get this one!

Cy-bug Swarm - You know, since I have a toy box I got a creator to install the skydome on, these discs don't feel as fun as they did in 1.0. I dunno how I feel about that. Anyway, this one is awesome, which most of us already know.

Maleficant's Spell Cast - VERY strong, but make sure you face the right direction because it goes one way!
Cherabog's Spirit Cyclone - not as flashy or strong as Mal's Spell cast, but it goes all around you as opposed to just forward
Sandy Claws Surprise - So, the best part about this disc was it came in the same pack as the skeletal reindeer. I love when I luck into things like that!
Glory Days - It actually looks awesome on him, and makes me wish they did more 1.0 costume discs to liven up our old figures! Short hair Rapunzel, Coronation Elsa, come on!
Cursed Pirate Gold - Also adorable! Makes me wish we could have had a human Davy Jones, but that'll never happen.
Rags to Riches - my most wanted costume turned out to be the one I liked least. He just look better fighting as the adorable street rat. And as Edna Mode knows, capes aren't always that great, especially in Disney Infinity. ;)

Oh, forgot to mention, I bought two packs that were from a different store, and they were:
Rags to Riches / All for One
Mal's Spell Cast / Chernabog's Cyclone
#ifightfortheusers

rank_50
OFFICIALMichi
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Disney Power Discs Today: Reviews & Ratios

Postby OFFICIALMichi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:31 pm

What are your favorite discs now that we have our hands on them? Did any you really wants turn out to be less than amazing, or were there any that blew you away that you didn't expect to?

Truthfully, unless they patch the "get a disc skydome with a logic builder" thing, I doubt I will collect any more. I really think all I want now are the skydome/terrain for Gravity Falls, and that's it, unless the music for the Magic Carpet isn't too obnoxious, in which case I may hunt it down. That's just me though, most of these discs are awesome!
#ifightfortheusers

rank_50
OFFICIALMichi
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:42 pm

You got the Aladdin rags to riches? i thought that one was coming later?

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:44 pm

No, it's only the Agrabah terrain and sky that are coming later in the 2pk. All the rest are out now.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby CCRunner524 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:45 pm

^ ahhhh ... that's right.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinity Guru » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:44 pm

I've only gotten 8 packs of Marvel discs, I fell for the blind pack trickery in 1.0 and now I realize that they aren't that special. Getting duplicates just drives me insane!!! Out of circular and hexagonal disc, I would much rather prefer hexagonal, since I love how you can use the terrains and skydomes to submit to Disney, but this time around, it seems like they are the hard ones to get. Out of the 8 packs I got, I got 10 circular discs (all of the team-ups, 1 costume, and 2 abilities) and 5 hexagonals, one of them being a duplicate.

In 1.0, I made the decision to buy the missing terrain and skydomes I didn't have off of Amazon (I'm not very lucky), since people got so many doubles of them, but this time around, with hex discs being harder to find, a single skydome is $13+ from a seller, so I'm going to skip out on buying them off Amazon this time, since that price is insane.

I'm going to wait it out and see if I can get a good deal on a power discs bundle pack (like they had at Target last year?) ..
I tweeted JV and it sounds like there may be plans for one:
https://twitter.com/JohnVignocchi/status/523920107039240193

Thanks for your reviews though! I'm definitely thinking about the parade float and carousel horse! (I was able to get some skydomes due to the Lewis glitch too! ;) )
8 Featured Toy Boxes. Toy Box Summit 2015 Attendee.

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:04 pm

You can always feel through the packaging for 2 Hex disc packs to help your odds.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby CCRunner524 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:22 pm

^ Yeah. I was lucky enough to get all the terrains but only 1 of the skydomes. I try and feel them before hand so i don't get all the circular discs.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Skellington0327 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:31 am

I didn't get any terrains or skydomes but I got Jack's Sandy Claws outfit and Carpet from Aladdin and those are two I really wanted so I'm happy. I really want the Lion King skydome and terrain and Jack's reindeer.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys