Disney Infinity 2.0 digital to get free physical game discs

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Disney Infinity 2.0 digital to get free physical game discs

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:51 pm

in a telephone conference call earlier today John Vignocchi confirmed ...

"the first 10,000 downloaders of the digital version of Disney Infinity 2.0 will qualify for a mail in offer to receive physical toy box game discs."

further details of this offer were unavailable during the call including any information on whether the offer is limited, as sadly they often are, just to the USA.

i will update this post when further details are available

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 digital to get free physical game di

Postby soccerdude21490 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:31 am

When they did the original announcement back in september they did say the offer was for North America users only :(
http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/09/15/ ... ember-4th/

Also I'm not sure how I feel about the limit of 10,000. Harder for a user to know if they made it in or not, right? As compared to "purchase it by 11:59 on X date".

But hard to complain about free items!
AKA: Jason over at www.InfinityInquirer.com

Chatter
soccerdude21490
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Gorki247 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:15 am

Would like them to do it the other way round. People who bought the disc get a free digital copy.

rank_100
Gorki247
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:02 pm

Remember they didn't need to offer anything so its an added bonus for those doing the digital download

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Gabbnabbit » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:10 pm

Not having gotten into the 2.0 fray, can someone tell me (or provide a link me) to how the toy box game discs work? I.e. if I go for the digital download and get hulk can I use Hulk on those toy box game disks without getting Merida or Stitch?

rank_0
Gabbnabbit
Main Console: PS3

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:23 pm

With the digital version I'd assume you would get the marvel discs but could be wrong. If its the Disney discs then you might have to play as a Disney original first before you can use hulk

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BlackWidow » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:52 am

It's too bad there isn't some official rules about how this will work, considering the download is released in the next two business days.

I have no idea how they will measure that 10,000 number across all platforms. XBOX Marketplace, Nintendo eShop, etc. don't talk to each other, it would be technically impossible for one to know if they were one of the first 10K, and nearly impossible for Disney to figure out as I do not think any of them offer real-time reporting to developers. Perhaps the first 10,000 folks who buy it, launch it, and connect to Disney servers will get a pop-up - but that seems like a lot of programming work for a one-time offer.

I'm wondering if it ends up being the first 10,000 who claim them, depending on whatever method we claim them whenever they get around to announcing it - in any case, it all seems like too much trouble to get two little discs that unlock content that you've already got on your system. I am planning on getting the set coming out on Tuesday for another platform than I normally play anyway (so I can test out toy boxes on different machines), and will be buying the download version because I hate dealing with discs, and if end up getting the two discs out of it, great, I'll likely just sell them anyway.

rank_100
BlackWidow
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:11 pm

Maybe they will do it as the first 10,000 to connect to the Disney servers (something like you said but without the pop up) and then they will email them? Really no idea

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JaysUsername » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Has anyone attempted this? Details?

rank_100_ftb
JaysUsername
PSN ID: