Confusing Review (link inside) - Digital=no playsets?

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Confusing Review (link inside) - Digital=no playsets?

Postby OFFICIALMichi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:50 pm

The last few paragraphs got very confusing and I don't think they are true, can anyone verify this stuff?
#ifightfortheusers

rank_50
OFFICIALMichi
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Confusing Review (link inside) - Digital=no playsets?

Postby rogpalmeruk » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:56 pm

I think they've got a little mixed up.... Disney Infinity 1.0 is available to download for free on the Wii and a digital version of 2.0 is coming out next month... ($20/$30)

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:58 pm

They are totally misinformed about the digital download. It's the same software as the game disc. You can buy any of the 3 playsets and play them with your old base and the download.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:45 pm

I have read the article in question and everything that it says is true, but it did take me a little while to get my head around what they were saying. Basically (sentence by sentence):

- Can't play DI1 playsets in DI2.
- Can't play DI2 playsets in DI1.
- DI is not a "platform" as they claimed at launch and is exactly like other series of videogames.
- The free download of the first game will be updated to include the Toybox 2.0 features but not the new playsets.
- Parents have to buy DI2 to actually play the new playsets.
(Paragraph break)
- No DI2 release for the Wii.
- Wii owners, who have upgraded to Wii U, can download the free digital release, of DI1, that is to be updated with the 2.0 toybox features.
- This will not support the 2.0 playsets (as said previously).

Hopefully that makes more sense. Remember that I am just deciphering the two paragraphs and these are not my own thoughts. :D
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight

Postby Romulus77 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:59 pm

"We have been promised a downloadable upgrade for owners of the first game to give them access to the Toy Box 2.0 features, but it seems this won’t support the Play Set adventures themselves. This means that families will have to buy a Starter Pack again with another Infinity Base peripheral they already own if they want to access the new Marvel adventures."

Download to give access to Toy Box 2.0. But that download WILL support the playsets. That's the incorrect part. You do not have to buy a Starter Pack.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:47 pm

It appears that there is to be an update to DI1 so that it has all the Toybox 2.0 features and can play online with people playing DI2.

You would have to buy Disney Infinity 2.0, either on disc or digital, to play in any of the playsets.
MPK for short.

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight

Postby Romulus77 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:56 pm

Where was it ever said by Disney that the free 1.0 Wii U download would be upgraded with Toybox 2.0 features? That would require totally separate programming, impact sales of the full download, and confuse things even more.

The only downloadable "upgrade" for first game owners that I'm aware of is the digital purchase of 2.0.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:01 pm

Touche Romulus77. It looks like I have been lead a merry dance from all the sites that are reporting as such.

The download for DI2.0 will support all features of DI2.0, including playsets.
MPK for short.

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight

Postby Romulus77 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:24 pm

What sites? I've seen this reported on twice by the same person on two different sites.

And the first time, he says you have to purchase the upgrade:

"Those who already own the first Disney Infinity game can buy a downloadable upgrade to access new characters and discs in the 2.0 Toy Box but won't be able to access the new Play-Set adventures. "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-10/10/what-parents-should-know-about-disney-infinity-20

So which is it? Purchase? Free?

You can't upgrade 1.0 to 2.0. The programming is different. Even the controls are different. Doesn't make sense.

There's one digital product coming. That's what we've been told by Disney repeatedly.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys