Disney Infinity 2.0 on PC

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 on PC

Postby shiroi98 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi,
I recently started playing Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel and I'm catching up.. I have a question regarding cross-compatibility among the systems. I understand that the Xbox One version has a Web Code to redeem the characters for the PC version, which is great! However, when I login to the PC version yesterday, to my dismay the saved game (storyline) was not carried over, nor was the level of my character (Iron Man was level 5). Is this the case for everyone? Or is there a way to transfer the levels?

Thanks!

rank_0
shiroi98
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:30 pm

On PC, the digital characters are separate entities.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby mva5580 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:26 pm

Game seems to be running fine on PC, I also like how they gave us the circle discs for free this time around. That's a nice touch. If the main thing you care about is playing the game, then the PC version is definitely the best option. It's much cheaper than the other versions if you're big into buying the figures, and you can buy every hex disc for $40.

I understand most people want to buy the figures, but the nice thing about the PC version is you can actually pick and choose things you'd like to save money on. I hear people complain about the base not working with the PC version and I have no idea why; the way the PC version does it is superior for multiple reasons. It's quicker/easier to switch between characters without the base, and having it controlled digitally means you can spend $6 instead of $13 on a character that you may be interested in using in the game, but don't care enough to buy the physical figure.

rank_0
mva5580
Main Console: PS3

Postby PolyphonicBoy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:18 pm

Is there split-screen multiplayer in the PC version? I can't get it to work.

rank_0
PolyphonicBoy
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PixarToonie » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:25 pm

What do you actually get in the game? What characters do you get free? Can you unlock stuff in the game?
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
PSN ID:

Postby mva5580 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:10 pm

The free download comes with Iron Man, the "introduction" portion of 2.0, and the Toy Box. You also get the 2.0 circle power discs. If you've unlocked stuff in 1.0, it carries over to this. Play set toys for the Toy Box, stuff like that. I'm not sure what else you're referring to when you ask about unlocking stuff.

rank_0
mva5580

Postby shiroi98 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:32 pm

@pixartoonie,
There's a rotation of free Heroes to choose from. Currently it's hulk, Spider-Man. It rotates every week or so. I'm kinda disappointed the heroes you get here don't transfer to console and the console levels don't transfer here either.

What about toy box unlocks? Do those transfer?

rank_0
shiroi98

Postby Mozenrath1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:08 am

Shiroi98, if you've bought all the starters, playsets and figures for your console version and have played the game and unlocked everything it carries over to the PC. All my 1.0 and 2.0 stuff was available when I downloaded the PC version. Even the power discs I bought for the 1.0 PC were there. What ever is tied to your disney ID will be there the only exception to that rule is when you buy something on the PC or iPad they are only available where you purchased it. If on PC then only on PC. If on iPad then only on iPad.
"Why am I not surprised" - Iago from Alladdin

rank_250
Mozenrath1
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby kira1000 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:42 am

I tried the PC version, it is okay but the one thing I HATE about it is that even though there is no box mentioning that anything has to download, there is STILL some stuff which it does not tell you still to go. You would think that it would just not let you go into the mode until everything is done, seriously, what's it gonna take to get it offline ready? Want to do co-op with my brother but because of my connection being 3G the controller messes up the internet.

rank_0
kira1000
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys