The (nearly) perfect Power Disc storage system!

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: The (nearly) perfect Power Disc storage system!

Postby sigil » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:38 am

The 2.0 guide for Disney Originals call 1.0 discs "texture themes" and "sky themes", but 2.0 as "terrain themes" and "sky themes".
Personally, I like terrain, it sounds like they change the terrain, but what is a texture?
Where ever you go, there you are.

rank_250
sigil
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Gillbob316 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:22 pm

Giving this system a whirl, as my power discs are usually so inconveniently stored that I hardly ever use most of them. My binder pages should be arriving in the mail today, and I've just printed all the available inserts on some card stock at work. Just need to take myself to a paper cutter and I should be in business...

A humble request: Could you please create an insert for the King Mickey Disc? For those of us who have it. It's the only currently released disc unaccounted for, as far as I can tell.

I tried to mock one up myself in photoshop, but anal collector that I am, it would never match yours precisely, so I eventually gave up in frustration, lol.

rank_0
Gillbob316
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby AchillesPDX » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:40 pm

King Mickey Costume added to the OP. Click through for the full-resolution version. I'm not completely happy with it because all I have is low-resolution art for the disc, but it'll have to do until I get a better source.

rank_50
AchillesPDX
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Gillbob316 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:07 pm

Awesome, thank you!

So here's my next question, for anyone:

Does anyone have any recommendations and/or tips for cutting these? For those of us who want to be as anal and hyper-precise as possible? lol

I tried a scissors, and a razor-knife on a cutting mat, but they both had their drawbacks. The scissors while easy and relatively quick, could leave the edges a bit messy. The knife was more precise, but really slow-going.

I tried a paper cutter at work (the big blade w/ the handle kind) but if I did anything more than a single sheet, it kinda got stuck and mangled them... and even when doing a single sheet, since you only get one shot at the cut straight across, it could sometimes be a hair off, and be very annoying.

Ultimately I think an exacto on a cutting mat with a metal straight-edge is the only option that will produce the results I want, but the idea of doing all those cuts slowly by hand sounds daunting. Is there any sort of method or tool out there for doing lots of precision cuts quickly? (My plan is to go look around Blick once I get off work and see if I turn anything up)

EDIT:

This kinda stuff appears to be what I'm after. Hopefully I can find something affordable. There's a Martha Stewart Paper Trimmer in the 20 buck range that looks like it could work. Just sharing the link for anyone like-minded:
http://www.dickblick.com/paper/cutters/details/

rank_0
Gillbob316

Postby AchillesPDX » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:12 pm

Yep. You need a rotary paper cutter:
http://www.amazon.com/CARL-Professional ... B0006HV9N4

(this is just one example - I don't have this one personally.)

Here's another for about $24:
http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Portable- ... 000NUX180/

There's also the handheld kind that you can run along a straight edge or a purpose-built ruler:
http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Contour-R ... 000B7M8WU/

rank_50
AchillesPDX
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Gillbob316 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Haha, you and I followed the same line of thought in about the same amount of time. But thank you!

rank_0
Gillbob316

Postby Dude » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:57 pm

i was so excited to print these today but it appears each disc is an individual page? is there a sheet of 9 or 12 per page? or am i misunderstadning
Dude

rank_0
Dude

Postby AchillesPDX » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:45 pm

The 3.0 discs are currently just as individual images. I can work up contact-sheets like the previous series and get those uploaded in a little while.

rank_50
AchillesPDX
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby AchillesPDX » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:05 pm

OK, OP updated with a contact sheet for the 12 main 3.0 discs. I've also updated the zip file for 3.0 changing Retro Ray Gun to a "Tool" instead of a "Weapon" as well as changed the "Texture" discs to "Terrain" discs.

rank_50
AchillesPDX
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys