Predictions for Disney Starter Pack

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Predictions for Disney Starter Pack

Postby BenFleischman » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:40 am

Yeah, and that's really sad.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:48 am

^I wouldn't call it "sad", Disney's properties naturally evolve with each generation. My children watch MMCH daily and recognize the characters as being part of that world, as would their peers (these are generally the target audience of around 6-10 year olds for the Disney side of the game). I think of the classic shorts when relating to those characters as I grew up on re-runs in the 80's. But I will be happy to get a version of those classic characters in any form, as they are all in my top 10, they're core Disney and will be great figures to display.

Plus as Sheriff Woody says a costume change power disc would suffice for Mickey's classic look, leaving Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Pete the Cat, or Daisy as possible figures for the Starter Pack.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby SalmonPink » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:56 am

I actually like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - it's a cute show that introduces kids to the classic Disney characters while also helping them learn numbers and words and colours and so forth. I'd have been all over that when I was a wee one. If anything, it's actually introducing kids to Disney at an even earlier age and making those characters important to them even sooner. The kids will still end up watching the Silly Symphonies and all those classic Disney shorts, I'm sure, but they'll already be familiar with the characters by that point. Getting them hooked even younger!

When we first heard about the Disney starter pack, wasn't it priced quite a bit cheaper than the Marvel starter pack? And then the Argos leak put them at the same price? Or am I remembering that wrong? Because I imagine the price will indicate whether or not there's a playset.

I'm still holding out for Aladdin. Maybe I'm just in denial at this point, but I'm still wishing for it. Since Disney are pushing the idea of multiplayer right out of the box, a starter set with an Aladdin playset and Aladdin, Jasmine and Genie (with a Jafar individual figure in a later wave) would be aces. Then an Aladdin single figure (to match the leaks) and Jasmine and Genie as a playset pack for those who bought the Marvel starter. Although that obviously leaves the problem of the toy box game discs. If Stitch and Merida's games are included in the starter pack, they'd need to box those figures with them, so my Aladdin theory falls flat. But like I said, I'm in denial, and still holding out hope for that playset! :lol:

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Postby Romulus77 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:02 am

I know that a costume disc would be fine for Mickey's classic look, but I think I'd rather they be 2 distinct characters. I think it'd be weird to have a regular Mickey with sorcerer abilities. It'd be like a costume disc of Tony Stark in a suit doing everything Iron Man can do. Mickey should have comparable moves to the others in the potential playset. And if anyone warrants a 2nd figure, it's definitely the mascot.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby megadrive2 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:21 am

^ I do agree, Mickey is without a doubt worthy of another version, his classic look would make an amazing figure.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Paradox » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:21 am

^Agreed as well. He's the one character that could justify a second figure from a different version in his timeline.

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby alecatq2 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:03 pm

^ this is also what I assumed about Mickey as they are very specific to call him Sorceror's Mickey. I am hoping they have a new Mickey for each version.

rank_100
alecatq2
Main Console: PS3

Postby InfiniBox » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:10 pm

I also would be fine with another version of Mickey, a more traditional one at least. Perhaps down the road they can even do a retro black and white Mickey, that'd be cool. Maybe even make a Minnie Mouse and Pete? That'd even be deserving of power discs for themes and sky dome, as well as a Steamboat toy and/or others. Take that idea Avalanche, you can have it. :)
My new DI 2.0 Toy Box Build YouTube Channel:
http://goo.gl/BTxu1b

rank_250
InfiniBox
PSN ID:

Postby Vidia » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:01 pm

If they did do some sort of thing where there was a different Mickey for each version, I'd love to see a Brave Little Tailor Mickey somewhere down the line.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys