Both Unannounced Disney Characters from same Franchise

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Both Unannounced Disney Characters from same Franchise

Postby Romulus77 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:32 pm

The final 2 WILL have figures.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby OpossumGuy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:34 pm

We're still getting figures; that's been confirmed.

And it's kind of a weird thing with Disney Originals. Pixar and Muppets are considered DO's by Infinity's team, but Marvel is it's own thing, I guess due to the grandeur. I think that Star Wars would be another Marvel situation.
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

Postby SketchFox7 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:38 pm

Pixar movies were always created in collaboration with Disney, therefore yes, while maybe not as much as Stitch or Donald Duck. Pixar characters are still Disney Originals. Star Wars characters are in no way Disney Originals. Disney doesn't even own the rights to distribute the first six movies, the distribution rights for the first movie are perpetually owned by 20th Century Fox and they also own the distribution rights to the other five movies until 2020. I REALLY don't think they would ever try to claim characters like Luke & Leia as Disney Originals.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7

Postby Skellington0327 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Yeah I think the difference with Pixar is that all Pixar movies have had Disney's name on them. So while Pixar was it's own company, all their movies have always been associated with Disney and that's why a lot of people just lump them in with Disney. I've met a lot if people who didn't even know that Pixar wasn't always owned by Disney.

I think maybe 30 or 40 years from now people will see Marvel and Star Wars and think Disney, but that won't be happening anytime soon.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby jmob22 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:57 pm

I think the fact that they are digital first helps the Star Wars idea. They hype with that and then release the figures at 3.0 launch. The only flaw I see in this is if JV would actually say Disney and mean Star Wars. I admit it's a bit of a stretch.

rank_100
jmob22
NN ID:

Postby OpossumGuy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:59 pm

But the figures ARE BEING RELEASED. The digital part means you need to download the patch in order to use the figures. This has been confirmed.
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy

Postby jmob22 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:00 pm

But I'm pretty sure they said it wouldn't happen at the same time. Or am I mistaken on this?

rank_100
jmob22
NN ID:

Postby Automaton » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:38 pm

Kermit and Miss Piggy.

I'm going with that.
We're all Mad here.

rank_100_ftb
Automaton
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TOlofter » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Well, Pixar IS Disney. It's one of their animation studios. So Pixar are originals. Maybe not classic originals right now(like Minnie, Daisy or Pluto), but still original. Disney has always been tied to those big name characters. It's not like Avatar or something. Muppets I'd count too, they've had a connection to the parks as long as I can remember. Even before Disney owned them, there was a partnership. You could say the same for Star Wars and Indiana Jones too.

I honestly cannot see myself being upset with any announcement UNLESS it ends up being Tron(does not in any way warrant the secrecy build up imo), Star Wars(I'd love a Yoda or Ewok...but they will have their time in a future game, this is not the time) or a Live Action counterpart to a classic movie.

rank_100
TOlofter
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys