Predictions for Disney Starter Pack

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Predictions for Disney Starter Pack

Postby BenFleischman » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:08 am

Toontown would only support Disney's old cartoon short characters, including Mickey & Friends (Which are the only ones still relevant today.) The Feature Animation characters don't belong in Toontown because animation has since expanded from being just cartoons. Aladdin and Peter Pan are not cartoons, they are animated films, so Toontown couldn't support them. If Disney Interactive wanted to do something that would allow all of their character, the only way to do that would be a Disney Parks playset, which is just as unlikely considering DI's looking for properties that could support richer game experiences, like Marvel and Star Wars, for example.

I certainly hope we'll see something that increases what seems like a shortage of new content in 2.0. I'm crossing my fingers. The only solution to figuring out this confusing marketing strategy called Disney Infinity 2.0 is to wait and see! No matter what happens, I'm sure I'll be spending plenty of money. I just hope I get a considerable amount of content for what I pay.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:14 am

Nobody was implying that characters like Aladdin or Peter Pan would be involved. Mickey & Friends are all big wants by many. And beyond just playable figures, a Toontown playset would allow the game to include all kinds of Classic Disney characters to further enrich the experience. They don't have to relevant today to be an NPC.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Stitch » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:08 am

Toontown just wouldn't make much of a playset in my opinion.
Here's hoping for the hill with the Hollywood style Toontown sign!
Mickey and Minnie house would be awesome too.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Infinityfan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:31 am

I don't really want a toontown playset, besides I don't want another Mickey in a different costume. They need at least one playset included in it or it won't be worth it if it comes separate.

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:14 am

i doubt they would release a Disney starter pack without a play set. because of the costume change discs hopefully, unlike skylanders, there won't be any reposed or repainted versions of the same character

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby SalmonPink » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:06 am

@frankiepugs
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Argos leak listed Donald as from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Which makes sense, because Toontown is more of a broad canvas that conjures up different things for different people - some think of the Disneyland area or the now-defunct Magic Kingdom area, some think of that section of the Who Framed Roger Rabbit? movie, some think of the online game, some think of a mash-up of all three. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is much more specific and therefore clearer, and it's also a show that's currently on tv and already has a lot of merchandise available. I don't know if we'd get a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse playset though, since the show is aimed more at a preschool audience. So the show's audience might be too young for DI, and DI's audience might be too old to want to play something related to a preschool show. If Donald had been listed as something like 'Donald Duck from Classic Disney' then I'd be leaning towards there being a potential playset, but the whole Mickey Mouse Clubhouse thing gives me pause. Then again, maybe labelling him as 'Classic Disney' might have gotten confusing when he's also being labeled as a Disney Original...

I'm hopeful we'll see all this speculation cleared up at the summit. At the very least, it'd be a good idea for them to clarify the different ways 2.0 will be available to buy. Asking people to put down all that money on a starter set they might not even want as non-Marvel fans only to release a Disney edition later on with no prior warning would upset a lot of people.

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Postby Befo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:33 am

Hmm, if it's geared towards Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, does that mean we'll get the Hot Dog! song by They Might Be Giants? ><
/befo

rank_50
Befo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby BenFleischman » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:48 am

Donald Duck isn't "from" Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Argo's just really stupid, apparently.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Postby Doc Jump » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:34 am

No I doubt that, I totally would understand Disney putting him in that category. Modern kids most likely know him from the kids show, afterall.

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys