Disney Infinity 3.0 General Discussion Topic "no wish lists"

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Announced and press release details

Postby Cellsai » Sun May 24, 2015 5:56 am

Aye. more companies and we're paying for those companies with more playsets. Doesn't excuse the price hike on the starter for me.

rank_250
Cellsai
Main Console: PS3

Postby GreenArmadillo » Sun May 24, 2015 6:16 am

The thing that bugs me about the cost this year is the charge for the game client. Everything they have announced other than the farming minigame (so you can feed your sidekicks for the toy box takeover expansion game you don't own) and the tutorial for the toy box is going to be supported by one or more additional purchases. So you're basically paying $20-30 (assuming the download price hasn't increased) for the ability to start buying stuff. The Skylanders starter comes with most (nearly all?) of the content for the year. The Lego starter explicitly states that it's a one-time purchase with future paid level packs but no charge for software updates.

Yes, the download cost is drop in the bucket compared to the total cost of the game, which is exactly why it feels icky as matter of principle. At least the digital download no longer ends up costing you $20+ more to collect the figures and content you would have gotten if you had bought the physical version due to how much they've cut out of the starter box, but that's a pretty sad silver lining.

rank_0
GreenArmadillo
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Postby Doc Jump » Sun May 24, 2015 6:26 am

I believe that the announcement of Clone Wars being the starter due to its popularity with kids means that it's pretty apparent that they aren't really targeting adult collectors. The "price reduction" is just to get parents interested who will be buying it for their kids, and who most likely won't be doing the math proper.

Digital is the best choice here, especially if you prefer to start off with the OT playset. Isn't it releasing along with the starter?

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby BeautifulMind » Sun May 24, 2015 7:11 am

@Doc Jump i actually don't believe it will be, which is a little surprising. In one of FamilyGamerTV's new videos didn't JV say that the Original Trilogy playset and figures would be availible to purchase shortly after launch? The video isn't up anymore at the moment so can't watch it again to be sure. The Inside Out playset will be out on day one though.

rank_0
BeautifulMind
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby SeraphimBahamut79 » Sun May 24, 2015 7:35 am

Family Gamer Video did say that. Inside out and Twilight of the Republic are launch.

OT is after they said. Wonder if it has anything to do with my theory of Vader being this years Hulk. Vader figure is still not being shown so maybe he is the late one. Also I mean if the collectors is a way to get the OT early that is win win to me. (This is just a dream and not fact)

As for the price if that really bugs you well no one is forcing you to get the starter pack. Just get the digital, cheaper then you can get what you want. At least the digital will be day 1 this year. Either way I'm not too worried about a slightly more expensive starter if all the sets are the same price and their are always sales. As for Lego it seems way more disingenuous of a game mainly because they have been doing lego games for years with tons of characters but now they are doing the same game with multiple franchises where you pay a LOT more. I still have not seen enough to say Lego will be worth the money and there is no mode that has been announced yet that is unique. Best Infinity feature still is the Toybox making and sharing levels and every year it gets better. Toybox is the thing that distinguishes from the competition.

One reason I am also glad to pay more for infinity is because unlike Amiibo I don' t need to worry about rarity. Never had a problem getting infinity stuff, it is well stocked and available for preorder. 3.0 starter I will be happy to get... until they announce a collectors which better be amazing. 3 weeks tillE3

rank_100
SeraphimBahamut79
PSN ID:

Postby Skellington0327 » Sun May 24, 2015 2:14 pm

The price doesn't bother me, a regular game that's just a disc is $60, sometimes more. DI comes with figures, so I expect to pay more for it than I would a regular game. I mean, the starter pack is now $65, so it's just $5 more than what you would pay for any other game.

And if everything else gets a price increase, well prices increase for everything and I didn't expect DI to be any different.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Sun May 24, 2015 2:24 pm

I am going to buy it all but my approach is going to change this year. I bought both 1.0 & 2.0 the week they were released. Then waited on sales for absolutely everything else.

I am still having a lot of fun with 2.0 so I will definitely wait for a sale on the starter pack. I understand we are getting more play sets with 3.0. However, we have to pay for those separately. Those of you saying the price is justifiable because we have more content I say it isn't because we are paying for that content as well when we buy the play sets.

I am just saying that with all the stuff they took out of the starter pack, it should be much less. I understand there is a lot of work that goes into these games. However, this is not a new game! It is a new version of an already existing platform! They may be adding a lot of content to the overall platform but they should give the same amount of content with the starter pack that we got with 2.0. If they take the two toy box games out of the starter pack we have to pay for them later. Therefore, the price of the starter pack should reflect this.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Charlee » Sun May 24, 2015 2:42 pm

I see the software only option is a European only thing. Wonder why that is.
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
PSN ID:

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Sun May 24, 2015 3:41 pm

@Charlee I imagine because the toy box only download will be available at launch. Buying the digital download and a play set is actually the same price as the starter set this time.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys