Disney Infinity 3.0 General Discussion Topic "no wish lists"

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Announced and press release details

Postby BenFleischman » Sun May 24, 2015 1:09 am

@pjhaan, I've noticed the huge increase in price, too, and I've mentioned it several times but no one else seems to budge. I think its outrageous how much they're spreading out the content with 3.0. There's no reason both of the trilogy playsets couldn't be included when they still have three more to sell separately like they did in 1.0...

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby SeraphimBahamut79 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:52 am

I don't know what people are complaining about the prices for this year. The Figures look way better quality then 2.0, the core gameplay looks to be vastly improved and if the playset offers more a better gaeplay then the quite lacking Avengers playset then I will gladly pay the money.

Escape from the Kylm and Assault on Asguard were not worth as much as 10 bucks each just because they would have charged that. Either way then just get digital version and the playsets you want.

rank_100
SeraphimBahamut79
PSN ID:

Postby BenFleischman » Sun May 24, 2015 3:01 am

I wouldn't be complaining if I wasn't already going to buy all the playsets and expansions lol... I'm just disappointed it's going to be so much more this time. And the figures and core gameplay look the same to me. Rise is about exploration (Pirates) and Twilight is about button mashing combat (All the Marvel ones). I'm definitely most excited for Rise, but including both of them would give a broader experience out of the box as well as please both young and older fans... Its just... very odd that it was a decision WHICH would be included in the starter pack...

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Postby SeraphimBahamut79 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:22 am

Well not sure what you are watching but there are way more combat chains together in this game. Gameplay looks improved in every aspect but I'd think you really need to play to appreciate the finesse inherited in 3.0. Looks like you can do a lot more with the game and the toybox. But sorry if your already buying everything already it does not matter the price. They already got you.

Infinity has never been a cheap game just be glad it is not Lego which is looking to be WAY worse.

So many of those family gamer TV youtube videos are private now :(

rank_100
SeraphimBahamut79
PSN ID:

Postby Popularvote » Sun May 24, 2015 3:41 am

I do feel like sixty bucks for the starter is a bit much. I'm gonna wait for a sale before I take the plunge.

rank_250
Popularvote
Main Console: PS3

Postby Cellsai » Sun May 24, 2015 4:16 am

@Seraphim: The important thing that always gets me here is this is as you said, an improved game - not a new one. They're adding huge amounts of content and refining the game every year, but is that enough to justify paying more than each previous version (by a large margin) for upgrades to a game we already have?
I'd be fine with paying the same amount of money as 2.0, but I'm not paying the same. I'm getting far less for an almost the same money input in the starter alone.

Unless there are some serious discount bundles at launch I reckon I'll be holding off on this till sales at some point.

rank_250
Cellsai

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sun May 24, 2015 4:37 am

I don't mind them charging a little more because I know the game is going to be even better than the last one. 2.0 costed more than 1.0, so 3.0 will most likely cost more than 2.0. Even though the 2.0 Marvel games WERE repetitive, and there weren't as many characters/play sets to choose from, I still have a lot of fun playing it. All the videos I've seen of 3.0 gameplay so far are just amazing, and the characters sculpts are the best they've ever made. I know Disney Infinity has partnered with more studios to get all of this incredible work done, so of course it's going to cost more.

Thanks to the Infinity Inquirer, I save a bundle on my 2.0 collection. I got most of my Infinity stuff at TRU (usually on sale) and I get money back with the free TRU rewards program, so for my budget it all works out fine in the end (I got a Jack Skellington figure on sale for $10.00 with a $10.00 rewards certificate, so he was FREE [except for tax]). GameStop also had a BOGO free sale earlier this year, which made it only $7.50 a figure. I can work with that! :D

Power discs are going to be $10.00 with 4 to a pack, so $2.50 per disc, which is the same as last time. And now I don't have to go through all of those darn blind bags or fork over a fortune on eBay for that rare disc I didn't get. So really, on power discs I will be saving a ton of money over 2.0. Hallelujah!! I'll just put that savings towards figures and play sets. ;)
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice

Postby JustNCredible » Sun May 24, 2015 4:49 am

Price doesn't bother me at all. Every brand new game is 70-ish without two $15 figures and a base included; these starter packs have always been super cheap considering what you get in total.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby SeraphimBahamut79 » Sun May 24, 2015 4:58 am

Quality will always be something i would fork the extra money out. Probably the "price increase" is to support all the new companies they partnered with. After all we do have sumo digital and Ninja theory helping this year too and that seems to be allowing us to get more playsets too. Last year 3 this year 5++

rank_100
SeraphimBahamut79
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys