goofy was planned

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: goofy was planned

Postby Paradox » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:56 am

@SheriffBen, thanks I had seen those.

@Avenger, while it may be from a concept artist, that image is no where near the stage of completion or coming to fruition Dr. Strange, Peter Pan and Spider Gwen were. At least IMO.

rank_deputy
Paradox
Main Console: PS4

Postby caspartt » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:40 pm

@Paradox totally agree. that is a very early sketch of Goofy, as DisneyDork pointed out it is essentially a draw over of an existing Goofy promo image but in the infinity design style. As it is by one of the artist that was working on the game I wouldn't call it fan art. However from what we have seen so far, yes he wasn't as far along production as the three you listed or even Jafar who had orthographic views.

rank_100
caspartt
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Avenger222 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:02 pm

more info

rank_100
Avenger222
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby The Disney Dork » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:56 am

What info? That was literally just a restatement of what we already knew.

rank_250
The Disney Dork
Main Console: Wii U

Postby grizzleghost » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:59 pm

I love it that we are arguing about "how official" the Goofy information is. Regardless of where Goofy is/was in the pipeline it is DOA now.

Also, those videos showing Goofy, Spider-Gwen, Doctor Strange are not official announcements by Disney. Its just made by some one who takes leaked images and stretches it out to a 90 second video, throws in some Disney infinity logos and some cut scenes from some of the DI videos.

Am I saying Gooft was or wasn't planned? Neither. I am saying it doesn't matter but I am also saying those videos are basically also just fan art which may or may not be using other fan art or real concepts.

rank_50
grizzleghost

Postby Paradox » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:18 am

Lol, I agree Disney Dork. I understand the whole Goofy was planned thing, but I think that was a given. I'd be more enthusiastic if he was in more of the final stages of development but I akin this a bit to a headline that says "the sky is blue" at this point.

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby Gillbob316 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:58 am

Why is everyone enthralled by this guy's Goofy concept art, jet no one has addressed the fact that smack in the middle of his Infinity concepts there's also an Animated Maleficent and a (!) Wolverine concept too? (Not to mention a Black Widow standing on a Sentinel Head for a base)

Because Goofy is drawn on an Infinity base and those two aren't?

The fact that they at least did concepts of Wolverine pleases me. Makes me feel like there might have been a glimmer of hope for him had the game lasted long enough.

rank_0
Gillbob316
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby TheANvil » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:17 am

^Was literally going to say, how come people aren't talking about the Wolverine art^^

rank_250
TheANvil
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

Postby Tilarta » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:15 am

I did wonder who that was on a Sentinel head.
But don't Sentinels belong to the X-Men franchise?
Therefore, they are offlimits to DI.
I couldn't find any examples of BW fighting a Sentinel, despite doing a few searches.

The presence of Wolverine is intriguing for the same reason, suggesting that at one point X-Men was slated for inclusion.
I'm not really into the A-List X-Men though, so it's not one of the figures I would have been wanting.

I was curious about Jack Parr, I don't think he was ever featured in the game, aside from a oneliner from Mrs I.
The Omnidroid near Violet and Jack, could that have been an unrealised figure?
It doesn't look like the CGI ingame ones.

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys