Disney Infinity 3.0 General Discussion Topic "no wish lists"

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 Announced and press release details

Postby Calysto » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:30 am

Both Peter Parker and Miles Morales will continue to have their separate comics after the Secret Wars (this supposedly big event/reboot that is happening).

Miles Morales is this guy and Spider-Gwen is this woman. Also, she has the best costume Marvel has designed in many years.
They have slightly different abilities and very different personalities, but in the end, in a game like this they would probably play very much the same.

The Hulkbuster is just a new Ironman armour, namely the MK 44, and that actually is an add-on and goes on top of another armour. For reference, the armour used in Ironman 3 is the 42, in the Ultron movie both 43 and 45 are used and I believe that the Disney Infinity figure is based on the MK 7.

The new female Thor is not the case that Thor became a female but that another character picked up the hammer and got almost the same powers as Thor Odinson.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:13 am

So both Thor would be the same then, I guess.

And Miles-Spidey and Gwen-Spidey both sound and and have different suits from Peter-Spidey, so they wouldn't be "variants". Gwen's suit is amazing! I love the design of it. And Miles being able to go invisible and sting baddies would be cool.

Thanks for all of the info everyone! Sometimes I feel like Rapunzel, constantly saying, "Who's that? Who's that?? WHO'S THAT???" It's difficult to get excited about something when you have no idea who or what it is, and thanks to your explanations I'm more excited to see what Disney Infinity has up their sleeves for Marvel. Bring on the superheroes (again)! LOL
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby OpossumGuy » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:02 pm

Didn't see anyone post about this, unless it was in another section, but it's a pretty interesting interview.

Sadly, it looks like Darkwing is confirmed to not be playable in 3.0. I'm absolutely neutral on him, but I know lots of people really wanted him, so I felt it was worth sharing. It's also fantastic to hear that Captain Jack Sparrow got combat buffs. He's one of my favorites. :D
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Dedede_Man » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:07 pm

@OpossumGuy
...Welp, I now hate Olaf ten times more than I used to.
Still, the thought of Guybrush Threepwood getting in is awesome.
Disney Infinity needs the glory of Cory.
I love collecting stuff.

rank_250
Dedede_Man
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby SeraphimBahamut79 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:02 am

Think Amazon knows something we dont?

rank_100
SeraphimBahamut79
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby fdanielix » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:51 pm

^ I believe JV and the team said that they are ready to announce the release date (release date set), but they just haven't announced it yet.
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CJ1045 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:35 pm

The most interesting thing for me from the Polygon article was:
"There was this conscious focus on lightsabers and how lightsabers feel and act," he said. "Star Wars needs to feel incredible, but it also needs to be a system that will upgrade for all hand-based weapons. Something you haven't seen yet that I think is a lot of fun, you can take Carl's cane from Up, and now all of the characters — not just the Jedi, but the characters from Inside Out, from Marvel — they'll actually be able to take advantage of the combat system you see with the lightsabers."

The combat for Disney Infinity's Jack Sparrow, for instance, is massively improved.
UNQUOTE

So it looks like they have revamped the Pirates of the Carribean characters sword play!!!!

CJ

rank_100
CJ1045

Postby Quasimod0 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:06 pm

More like they revamped all the swordplay, and the pirates characters just happen to benefit the most from that. But really any character can pick up a sword and have great combat abilities now.

rank_500
Quasimod0
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Hallelujah! At last the 3.0 release date will be released on Monday! Can it be tomorrow yet? I'm soooo excited!
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys