E10 and up

practical parenting gaming discussions

E10 and up

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:33 pm

I'm not a parent, and I'm far from it. I'm 15. But, I was just wondering what you guys thought about the E10+ rating for Disney Infinity. If you had or have kids under 10, would you still let them play. I just find it weird how it is supposed to be a game for all ages, but its rated 10 and up.
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: E10 and up

Postby axonometri » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:44 pm

I have 3 boys all under 10. Each will be playing and learning in the toy box. I find the E10+ rating ridiculous. All the garbage exposed to my kids on a daily basis just walking around stores. Toy Story 3 was excellent for all family also.

rank_50
axonometri
Main Console: PS3

Postby Musicboy74 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm not a parent either, but I believe the E10+ rating is because of the fighting, guns, and such. They are toys though, so I don't understand why they would give it this rating.
Want to join the Disney Infinity Fans Steam group? Click the globe icon!

Lotso
Musicboy74
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Hyenalover » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:44 pm

^ ... Probably just because of the fact that thier are guns at all, but games like Mario have violence in it, Kiddy violence mind me, but still this deserves to be rated e

rank_50
Hyenalover
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby ll_HollywooD_ll » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:28 pm

I have two kids, 6 and 4, and they will definitely be playing this game! I believe in protecting your kids to an extent...until they are old enough to process and handle what they are being exposed to. So far, I haven't seen anything in this game that would be detrimental to his mind. He may have a little difficulty building things in the Toy Box, but he will probably just run around in circles anyway and enjoy the fact that he can play as his favorite Disney characters...and all of them together!
"Attacked by Christmas toys? That's strange, that's the second toy complaint we've had."

-- My Disney Infinity Collection:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3347#sthash.KMpufgip.dpbs

rank_50
ll_HollywooD_ll
PSN ID:

Postby axonometri » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:43 pm

@ HollywooD
I have 3 boys... 5 6 and 9. My 6 yr is Autism Spectrum. They all love playing. Even together. But it usually does not take long before my 6 yr old is making my 5 yr and 9 yr old absolutely nuts. LOL Bless their hearts, they try so hard to be understanding... But when my 6yr just runs around say in a Kirby game laughing like he is playing with a toy in a virtual toy room and keeps the other two from progressing or does nothing but slap them around laughing, they have had Enough!

This is the Beauty of Disney Infinity. In both the Play sets and the Toy Box... they can go play missions while my 6yr old rolls laughing on the floor over whatever nonsensical play type he has created in his own mind inside the game. And better yet, all within probably the safest virtual playground we can find. Thanks Disney!

rank_50
axonometri

Postby Adscan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:51 am

I believe that it is important to remember that the rating system imposed by each country is based on the major ruling social, religious and political factions.
Don't get me wrong, I am all for the rating systems as they are presented however don't forget that they are a guide and a guide only.
It is your decision as parent who knows there own child's level of comprehension as to what is suitable for them to see or do.
So as old Obi-wan told us, "You must always do what you feel is right" :)

Also the rating is applied to use of the product so it could be an issue of a younger kid getting frustrated that they can't complete the game or just get bored with it.
This is why I know my son at 3 1/2 will be in the Toy Box in simple maps that I make for him.

Just my 5 cents. :)

Etch
Adscan
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby Agent C » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:41 am

I have a soon to be 9 and 6 year old. I appreciate the ratings system. Do I think this is an E10+ game? No, I don't think Skylanders is either, but they are erring on the side of caution, and that I can appreciate. I know the industry fraught ratings for a whole, but I for one am glad they are there.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby ll_HollywooD_ll » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:45 am

@ axonometri

Haha! Sounds like my 4 year old. He couldn't care less about beating a game, collecting items, or progressing at all. He just wants to walk around and create havoc (if possible). I know exactly what you mean, because he drives my OCD 6 year old nuts! She is very particular about not missing anything in a game, searching all the corners, and finding EVERYTHING! Them playing at the same time has been a mixture of screaming and laughing....but like you said, that is the beauty of DI...they can both do their own thing and it shouldn't affect the other. Yay!
"Attacked by Christmas toys? That's strange, that's the second toy complaint we've had."

-- My Disney Infinity Collection:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3347#sthash.KMpufgip.dpbs

rank_50
ll_HollywooD_ll
PSN ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity gaming parents