Elektra & DareDevil in D.I 2.0: An Open Letter

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Elektra & DareDevil in D.I 2.0: An Open Letter

Postby SuperHazman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:15 pm

Dear [Insert Name Here],
Certain fans of the Marvel media brand love and dedicate their free time to characters in the universe and love the lore that comics provide us.
It is a medium, like Video Games, TV, Movies and Books, and escapes from reality. Fans of the comic 'DareDevil' would know that one of the integral characters
is a female assassin called Elektra. She was introduced earlier on, and spawned her own series of comics.

Over the years, Marvel have included the two in comic events such as 'Marvel vs. DC Comics' (Elektra even 'defeats' Catwoman), 'Marvel Zombies', 'Civil War' and 'Avengers vs. X-Men'. While some only feature DareDevil, Elektra makes cameos, such as in 'Marvel Zombies', Elektra is seen as a zombie in one scene. Some of you may know the movie 'Daredevil' starring Ben Afflec (Now cast as Batman in 'Batman V Superman'). This film features Elektra (portrayed by Jenifer Garner), and a spin-off film, Elektra was also produced (Despite poor review scores). In video games, Elektra is in 'Marvel Ultimate Alliance', and even features on the game's cover art. She has special dialogue when interacting with characters in her comic. (Daredevil is an unlockable character) She cameos in 'Marvel vs. Capcom 3' in a cryogenic tank in the background of a stage. (Daredevil does also, but as his alter ego, Matt Murdoch) Daredevil features in some early Spiderman games like the 1995 game 'Spiderman vs. Venom'. Elektra also features in the MOBA, 'Marvel Heroes'. Finally, she appears as a boss in the 'Daredevil' game, made to tie-in with the movie. (Through Kingpin's mind control.)

This is a shame, however. She has little exposure to media and is pushed aside, but not forgotten. DareDevil and Elektra are well known characters in the Marvel Universe, and Marvel cinematic universe. With the two being featured in a new Netflix show, with a running title of 'Daredevil'. Iron Fist became character for this very reason. When Daredevil and Elektra have more overall exposure than Iron Fist, it makes it more clear that they should be in the game. Now some may argue that the appearance with Elektra wouldn't fit in with their game, kids games such as Marvel Superhero Squad Online, have toned down her appearance. Giving her pants and such.

To conclude, the two's inclusion would make Marvel fans around the world happy, and can attract more adult players, while promoting new Marvel projects. The fans aren't saying that they want all the other characters like Bullseye and Kingpin, or a playset. We just want our two favorite assassins in the game.

Thank You,
SuperHazman.

Elektra in D.I 2.0? | http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8382#sthash.7olZ0GoF.dpbs

What do you think? Please comment below! :)
I'm baack! - Daredevil & Elektra for DI 3.0

rank_250
SuperHazman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Re: Elektra & DareDevil in D.I 2.0: An Open Letter

Postby Stitch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:46 pm

I think Elektra and Daredevil will be hinted but not figures.
They seem a little too violent. Especially Elektra.
Daredevil isn't that popular.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Romulus77 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Elektra is no more violent than Drax(knife wielding maniac) and Gamora(sword wielding assassin) from GotG.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby SuperHazman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:12 pm

I can defend this by saying, so is GOTG. They are classed as inappropriate. Deadpool is way too crude for children, and he cameos all the time in Spiderman TV Shows! The two appear as playable characters in Marvel Superhero Squad Online, and that game is for younger children to enjoy! :)

I love a good debate! :)

rank_250
SuperHazman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby Stitch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:16 pm

That is true. I cannot root for a Deadpool figure and say another figure is too "Inappropriate".
Don't know what I was going at there :lol:

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby SuperMrMojo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:18 pm

I would argue that Iron Fist has more exposure than Elektra and Daredevil as he's currently a part of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon show on Disney XD (which is the reason he was included, not because of the netflix shows). Although if it makes you feel any better, around about civil war Danny Rand (AKA Iron Fist) became Daredevil for a time, so he's... kind of in there? :p
Feel free to call me Euan. If you want.

How super am I? Not at all.

rank_250
SuperMrMojo
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Imaus127 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:03 pm

This game is already sold to me, I loved the first one and when I heard about this one and its inclusion of marvel i spontaneously combusted. I am a huge fan of marvel comics, and DC for that matter but much bigger into Marvel. One of my favorite characters is daredevil and if they were to include a figure for him to play it would be amazing, I repeat what others have said, we dont need a whole playset for DD, just a figure i can make a world to play with in toybox, just a playable Daredevil! PLEASE WE NEED DAREDEVIL!!

PS also i just wanted to say awesome post, actually joined this forum to thank you for getting the word out that we want daredevil, ive loved daredevil since i was a kid, enough to make a working replica of his billy club/staff weapon with steel cable on the inside and everything haha. anyways, thanks for putting this out there!

rank_0
Imaus127
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby SuperHazman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:46 pm

@SuperMrMojo Yes I know, I read the comics deeply, and the Civil War is one of my favorites, of which I plan on recreating a Civil War RPG! :)

@Imaus127 Yes! DareDevil is not complete without Elektra though! I can sleep at night knowing they'll probably be no playset, but I just, if anything, please give us Daredevil! :) :lol:

rank_250
SuperHazman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby Imaus127 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:45 am

Yeah haha

rank_0