More Princess Needed!

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Re: More Princess Needed!

Postby Leonabi76 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Umm...for as long as I can remember (that's a while now) the Disney Princesses have always been the in-thing. Disney has always had the knack to make their IP's the current trend. That aside, my wife would agree a Belle and Beast playset would be awesome. To include Lumiere, Cogsworth and Gaston! <<would be cool<< Lumiere with his flame throwing candles, Cogs with ninja-star like gears and Gaston with...well...no one fights or has muscles as big as Gaston's!!

As for the doubts of Pocahontas...well a simple google search will reveal the necessary toughness that came with being a First Nations princess. Perhaps not as tough and with the notoriety that their male counterparts had...though they had to be tough. And as such, had to be rather skilled with tools and weapons. IMHO

rank_0
Leonabi76
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby violetcate8888 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:18 am

As people have already mentioned, Merida probably holds the highest possibility. The movie came out just a couple years ago, and I think she would just fit so perfectly with DI. Her bow and arrow would be such a cool weapon to use- so different from everything else we've seen! Merida also has the highest chance of coming out since I think most boys would be more likely to want her than any of the other princesses.
I could also see them doing Ariel just because she is so popular. Although she'd probably have to be in her human form or we run into the same issue with the Finding Nemo characters.
Mulan would work SO well but I don't see her coming out anytime soon since I believe she is one of the more 'unpopular' princesses with younger girls these days.
For 'unofficial' disney princesses, Jane would be very cool to see. :)

rank_0
violetcate8888
Main Console: PS4

Postby buckmana » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:37 pm

Don't forget the Sword.

Merida used her bow so much the fact that she was also a deadly swordfighter was overlooked.
She even beat her father, who was the most formidable warrior of all the four tribes.
Good thing she wasn't trying to kill him, just defeat him.

But I'm not sure if there's a precedent for a DI character with two different weapons, so I'm uncertain if Merida will use both of these weapons.

Edit:

What about an evil Princess? ;)

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Zara

I didn't know they had one! :lol:

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby ntnon » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:15 pm

Quick mildly-off-topic comments: Mulan is a "Disney Princess," but she (and to some extent Pocahontas) is not really "a Princess." She is neither herself nor married to royalty. Hence that comment.

The Beast has never had a real name, so far as I know, but he is commonly referred ti as Prince ADAM for reasons I have yet to fully learn.

From merchandising trends, availability, variance and wide audience feedback, it appears that Mulan, Pocahontas and Tiana (followed loosely by Jasmine, then Snow White and Aurora) are the least-liked/most-overlooked of the current thirteen. One can only hope that the reasoning is based on film and character and not.... something else.

So despite Pocahontas and Mulan being relatively good fits in the fighting aspects of DI, they may not be high on the list of probable inclusions. We can hope, though!

rank_500
ntnon

Postby altiareagle » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Maybe he was called adam in tge original book?
Maybe, never read it. Disney tends to twist books into having happy endings which is great because what kid would want to see them anyway else?
Kinda tired.
Chat with me If you're tired too.

rank_1500
altiareagle
Location: Cushing, Texas. Where the coyotes wail and there isn't a steakhouse. Or Steak.

Postby barbiefan66 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:22 am

I think Princess Amelia Thermopolis should be added to the Disney Princess line-up.
barbiefan66
Main Console: Wii

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions