The Crystal-Clear Team Activator

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

The Crystal-Clear Team Activator

Postby goofyspaceranger » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:32 pm

Love the addition of the Boss Fight Spawner in 3.0! This is really essential to different types of storylines and it's cool to see such a variety. I thought this toy was going to require we purchase the villain figure in order to enable it (at least the ones that have figures - no complaints for "free" ;) ).

On the flip side, sometimes it is fun to play (or put on a play) as the villain ;). And a villain boss likes to surround himself with his minions - Davy Jones with sea pirates, Syndrome with Omnidroids, Venom with Symbiotes, etc. and you can do this with Team Activators - but if you're looking for that cinematic effect, the "lines are drawn so crisply" that the glowing colors are really not necessary to distinguish them... I wonder if there could be a variant Team Activator simply associated with Player 1/2/3/4, without any color lines. It could be mutually exclusive with Team Colors to avoid the ambiguity of whether a minion attacks you or not. Or you could just have a property on the existing Team Activator as to whether those glowing lines are shown. :idea:

This could not only allow Darth Vader or Kylo Ren to surround themselves with Stormtroopers, or any other combination you want to dream up, it could allow Finn (perhaps with the costume disc) to infiltrate an Empire facility incognito in various Toy Box adventures ;).
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: The Crystal-Clear Team Activator

Postby tabaer » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:55 pm

@goofyspaceranger I love this idea. While the colors are helpful in battle arena type toy boxes, when playing other toy boxes I get distracted by the color surrounding my character. It takes away from the experience. I think just adding the ability to turn off the glow to the properties of the Team Activators would be the easiest way to do it.

rank_100_ftb
tabaer
Disney ID:

Re: The Crystal-Clear Team Activator

Postby goofyspaceranger » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:00 pm

@tabaer Thanks! I agree - a new Property for the Team Activators would be the simplest to use (and hopefully for the Disney Infinity Team to implement) 8-)
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions